What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA's GTX 1080 & GTX 1070 Detailed (Comment Thread)

Lysrin

Absolutely. Everyone should be taking that posture but I really do think Pascal is going to deliver.

meistah

Wow, glad I read this thread. Literally was going to order a new 980 ti this morning. Guess I can wait a couple weeks.

Lysrin

Wow, glad I read this thread. Literally was going to order a new 980 ti this morning. Guess I can wait a couple weeks.
Absolutely wait! At the very least you could even get a good deal on a used 980 Ti over the next couple weeks or even after :thumb:

10e

My opinion is that I'd rather wait until I see what the next-gen brings. VR is a "meh" product to me, but if I can get a single card that can do 1440p at 90-120fps then I'd be willing to burn a few bucks on it, or possibly if it can do 4k@60fps.

I do agree with Sky that nVidia going with GDDR5X was probably a better bet than going through the HBM/HBM2 three-ring circus. Right now we've seen with Maxwell that memory bandwidth isn't the be-all and end-all.

My big hope for HBM1/2 is that AMD can at some point put it in their next gen APUs (as has been rumoured) so a single CPU 1080p60 machine can be bought for a decent price as a mini ITX HTPC for some PCMasterRace console STYLE gaming.

But I digress, and i truly hope nVidia does deliver their slated performance, even if it means my current cards get de-valued.

meistah

My opinion is that I'd rather wait until I see what the next-gen brings. VR is a "meh" product to me, but if I can get a single card that can do 1440p at 90-120fps then I'd be willing to burn a few bucks on it, or possibly if it can do 4k@60fps.

Bingo, that would be ideal for me, too many headaches with sli and crossfire in the past, I'd rather pay a premium for 1 solid card that walks all over 1440p

Lysrin

*snip*
But I digress, and i truly hope nVidia does deliver their slated performance, even if it means my current cards get de-valued.

What are your current cards 10e? I'm assuming the My System Specs dropdown for you is a little out of date?

Bingo, that would be ideal for me, too many headaches with sli and crossfire in the past, I'd rather pay a premium for 1 solid card that walks all over 1440p

I think a lot of us are in that boat. Powerful ultra settings 1440p crushing performance, particularly on ultrawide, would be fantastic. Here's hoping!

... and a Canadian dollar at say $1.25 US for a little while would be nice too!

Ernimus Prime

I am really debating if I should upgrade my Sandy Bridge setup to an i5 6600K. My i5 2500K is O/C@4.2 ghz. I want to get a 1440p 144 hz monitor. And a GTX 1080. Need some insight if it would be worth it to upgrade the whole system.

Latest posts