What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA's Next-Gen Parts Get Named: GTX 480 & GTX 470

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
NVIDIA has finally thrown the covers off the official name of their upcoming DX11 GF100 cards with a post on Twitter. Previously, certain members of the media falsely reported that the upcoming cards would be called the GTX 300 series which has now finally been proven wrong by a lone Tweet from a member of NVIDIA's staff. It seems the new GeForce ... [ Read full article ]

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
yawn.

Someone wake me up when nVidias PR department actually releases a product? The ever persistent 'vaporware' talk is getting old. Its like 6 months of talk/tidbits/releases now without even one Engineering Sample in the market. But OOOOOOH WE HAVE A NAME NOW OMG WOW :whistle:

Anyone up for some Duke Nukem 3d btw? I hear its a great game! :thumb:

BigDogg

yawn.

Someone wake me up when nVidias PR department actually releases a product? The ever persistent 'vaporware' talk is getting old. Its like 6 months of talk/tidbits/releases now without even one Engineering Sample in the market. But OOOOOOH WE HAVE A NAME NOW OMG WOW :whistle:

Anyone up for some Duke Nukem 3d btw? I hear its a great game! :thumb:

Maybe they have been focusing to much effort on Terga and not enough on Fermi.. It should be interesting to see how this round goes.. I wonder if the delays have anything to do with performance of the new cards not matching ATI, or maybe they Nvidia really is having yield problems.

geokilla

They skipped the GT300 naming because they're going to rebrand their current cards such as the 9800GT and the GTS250. On NVIDIA's mobile GPU, the 300 series is already being used for this purpose.

They have seriously got to stop rebranding their products. I can understand why they do this and release only the high end cards while pushing the previous high end cards down the market but come on. 4 generations of rebranding is just too much. ATI is doing things much better in my opinion.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Most of their 200-series cards aren't even in production anymore other than in the mobile space so I don't see how they could rename them for the desktop market...

However, if they choose to take the 200 series (250 and 275 maybe), run them on a 40nm manufacturing process, give them DX10.1 compatibility and increase clock speeds a bit, I'd be VERY interested. However, only if they drop the price to 20% less than competing ATI cards.

Latest posts