What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVIDIA's Next-Gen Parts Get Named: GTX 480 & GTX 470

Zero82z

Banned
I bet they just did this to piss off all the speculators :bleh:. Or maybe because they already released a bunch of low-end 3-series cards that were just rebrands of older models.

Also, you wrote "we made several educate guesses" instead of "educated".

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Regarding the reason its not the 3 series (had it written up and then realized Sky had ninja'd me! Pwned)

Speculation as to the reason for jump may partially be because NVIDIA has already tagged some of its mobile DX10.1 products as GT 3XX; hence the usage of an entirely new "4xx" series would make it easier for users to differentiate between the new DX11 products and cause less consumer confusion.

chrisk

Folding Captain
Yup. To me, this just means that they will re-brand the 275/285s as 300s, and the Fermis as 400s. My guess is the 'new' 300 series will be the same price as the current higher 200s, and the 400s will be ~$500.

Kovok

Before they are released they will probably stick two zeros on the end to make them look more powerful than ATI. And don't say "oh no they won't", because this is Nvidia we are talking about...

Silvgearx

And this "thing" is no doubt will cost more than a gtx 280 at launch. If they say its 2.5 times faster than a gtx 285 then price must be also x2 at least :shok: :shok:

Latest posts