What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Nvidia's RTX 3000 SUPER GPU's Are COMING?!

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

there are rumors that 4 more variants are joining the family. The supers. According to leaker extraordinaire Kopite 7 Kimi over on twitter, Supers are coming in at pretty much every level of the stack. We would have a 3060 super, 3070 super, 3080 super, and, surprisingly, a 3090 super. So what could change in these GPUs ? well, Kopite says that no memory sizes will change. So, it doesn’t seem like that 3080 20gb is coming to market any time soon. What we are getting is a pretty huge bump in the Cuda core count.

Let’s start from the top. The RTX 3090 super would have 10752 Cuda cores. That’s a tiny little bump from the original at only 2.44%. This is basically a fully unlocked GA102 chip. Now, this 3090 super was already talked about a couple of weeks ago. Something else that changes with this super variant is the memory bandwidth with a 7.2% boost. If this happens.. All I gotta say is WHY? It's such a tiny change. Plus, the TDP is rumored to jump to 400W. Insane.

Next, we got the 3080 super. It would get 8960 Cuda cores. A small 3% jump in core count. Once again, that’s tiny… While it wasn't mentioned by Kopite, I bet a memory speed boost is probably in the books. I mean 3% is nothing.

Then we have the 3070 super, it would get 5888 Cuda cores which is…. Well, its the exact same thing as the regular 3070. For the 3070 super, the memory would be the variable with the good old gddr6 being swapped for some much faster GDDR6X. Interesting.

And probably the most interesting of all, the RTX 3060 super. Now this one gets a huge jump in core count. Now, a big pinch of salt here because it's kind of ridiculous. It would have almost 60% more Cuda cores. From 3584, to a whopping 5632. That’s insane. Its more than the 3060 Ti which is crazy. The only redeeming thing from this rumor is that currently, there are some RTX 3060’s in china being shipped with GA 104 chips instead of the usual GA 106. GA 104 is what is in the 3060 ti and 3070. So.. yeah.. its the only clue that this could be possible.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
this makes no sense. nobody, let alone Nvidia, can get enough silicon to supply their current products with enough inventory to satisfy demand. why are they making it even worse? I thought maybe they had a lot of GPU that were better than the base model but not as good as the Ti, but no, the 3070 Super says that's not so as it's claim to fame is faster VRAM.

are they hoping it gives the impression that progress is being made when none is?

ipaine

Agreed makes no sense at all. And really I guess they just don't care at all about the budget market do they? Where is a 3030 or 3050, you know something cheap?

Bond007

shortages mean high prices...spread supply thin on all the models so the prices don't fall.

Latest posts