What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVME on ASUS Z87 Plus with modded BIOS

jrstrong69

Yep, you just need to inject the NVME driver in the BIOS.

I was more familiar with doing such in HS, but it was last century that I did such on the Apple Classic platform, so after getting my Business BS, I'll need a step by step guide in Windoze?

MARSTG

Just click on the "inject" word in my previous post. The guide is there, and yes, is for windows.

justmehereajax

I am going to finally do this on this motherboard ASUS Z87 plus this weekend. LOL, I bought this
It costed 12.59 $ CAD from amazon. Should be $9.99 like ORICO branded ones at CC but hey I got amazon prime student lol for $39 a year

I figure if I place it in the main PCIE x16 slot (1) and put the GPU in slot 2 everything should be ok

In dec I got a PM991 Sammy 256GB NVME 2242 which came from a Lenovo E495. 2000mbs read.
It has been laying around doing nothing. lol

Might as well do it as adapters are cheap now on the Canada side. I know you can get adapter for $2??? from aliexpress but 12.59$ is not bad shipped for tomorrow.

justmehereajax

I did it.
lucikly Ihad bios flashback button and could bypass security check in normal bios flash program

I put the nvme in slot 1. Gpu slot 2

if I put it in slot 2 would it have worked??? Both slots are x8. Any penalty?

will benchmark it later. But feels fast

Latest posts