What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVMe Performance on X570

JD

Staff member
Quick Google yielded this: https://github.com/CyberShadow/trimcheck, which is clearly from the era when TRIM support was iffy, but I gave it a ran and it says TRIM is working correctly.

"fsutil behavior query DisableDeleteNotify" does return 0 as well. I also ran "winsat formal" just to re-eval hardware too in case something was amiss there.

I guess I'll just have to keep an eye on it and do some weekly? monthly? tests.

Totally subjective, but things feel "snappy" again too.

Entz

Perhaps for some reason it wasn't able to utilize the SLC mode write cache (already allocated or some weird firmware gremlin) and needed to wait for a internal GC to clean it up. 500 MiB/s is not out of the realm for the raw write rate of the flash itself.

Or windows simply decided to turn off caching all together.

Could try hitting it with larger file set, say 32GiB that would actually bypass a lot of the caching on the drive and see if it does the same thing.

JD

Staff member
Looks like it's back to being degraded :(

1583299897937.png

Since Gigabyte offers no Secure Erase option in the BIOS that I can find, any recommendations on portable/bootable tools that do? I think I'll try wiping and starting over...

JD

Staff member
I did "nvme format /dev/nvme0 --ses=1" from http://www.system-rescue-cd.org/ since apparently Parted Magic is no longer free.

Back to normal again but we'll see what happens... I'll be putting in a ticket with Gigabyte if it happens again I guess.

1583463930633.png