What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NVMe Performance on X570

JD

Staff member
Different CDM versions, looks like yours is Q32T1 where as mine was Q32T16. I guess I should update to CDM v8...

JD

Staff member
How are the temperatures on the SN850? Is it as high as the reviews? Hitting 90c?
That sounds like it must have been under extreme load?

Mines sitting at 45C currently, under the heatsink that comes with my X570 AOROUS XTREME (top slot). FireCuda 520 is sitting at 44C and Crucial P5 at 46C which has a shared heatsink that touches the chipset too. I have pretty poor case airflow too and dump all the heat from my radiator into the case, I know, bad bad bad, but it works.

clshades

I think if you remove the drive from slot three and re-test it might perform better? Thought I read somewhere the PCI-e lanes slow down when all three are populated.

crazyea

They will perform at full speed until you bench them simultaneously I think. Then if there is a decrease it would be apparent as the bandwidth would be divided evenly. At least this is how it works on my motherboard.

JD

Staff member
Hmm, yeah, if I run CDM across all 3 at roughly the same time:

1607186842424.png

The Crucial P5 Gen3 drive suffers which is in the 3rd slot I think (can't remember). Still plenty fast though and 3-4x higher than SATA would offer. The Gen4 drives mostly seem unaffected except for slightly lower RND4K Q32T16 numbers.