What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

NZXT H1 Flaming Review

moocow

Some of you probably heard about the NZXT H1 fire hazard & recall. GN did a test with their old (not fixed) NZXT H1 to see how it could catch fire. Interesting video.

moocow

NZXT basically didn't bother with replacing the riser kit, I guess they already have a ton of them in inventory. The plastic screws does fix the problem but he's right about either cracking them during install / reinstall or misplacing them during rig service.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Glad I don't own NZXT, and won't be buying from them anytime soon.

GN tends to almost get into boring territory with their videos like these, but there is one very important thing to take away:
NZXT designed a PCB where a screw hole (which should always be plated and grounded) is extremely close to power. It's such a glaring obvious mistake that there *should* be a suit against them for endangerment. Shorting power to a case is a crime in the electronics world, period.

Bond007

3rd GN video on this. NZXT have responded to his second video and seem to be on the right track.

gingerbee

I love how they say they have been working on a recall since November ya ok if that's the case then why handle this all so bad