What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

O/C not working in Windows 10

ern88

Not sure if anyone else is having this problem. but O/C is not working in windows 10. My i5 2500K is O/C 4.6 ghz in my BIOS. My HD7950 is O/C 925/1325 in AMD Overdrive. But CPU-Z and HW Monitor are only showing both running at stock speeds. I checked the power settings in Windows 10. It is set 100% usage. Am I missing something here!!!!

SugarJ

Staff member
Are they updated to most recent versions? Also, try another piece of software. OCCT reports my OC correctly in Windows 10, maybe give that a shot? Also Afterburner for your GPU. If those are showing stock speeds too then it requires more digging.

ern88

I have the latest MB BIOS. CATALYST 15.7 drivers. Latest CPU-Z and HWMonitor as well. I will try a different program and see what happens. Just wondering if anyone else using the to programs have notice this as well!!!!

sswilson

Staff member
The only thing I'd seen was an issue with "H" boards not being able to OC the anny pentium under windows 10. The only other thing I'd suggest would be to uninstall your monitoring software and re-install it as an administrator under 10. I've seen some issues where the monitoring software didn't play nice if the hardware/software had been changed from when it was initially installed.

ern88

I never changed my O/C since having Windows 7 on my system. I will try the admin install though and see what happens. Since I just installed the 2 programs the other day!!!

sswilson

Staff member
Does XTU work with your chipset? Intel® Extreme Tuning Utility (Intel® XTU) Supports Overclocking

If it does, I'd try some software OCing with it to see if they take and/or if they stick on reboot.

The only other thing I can think of is to go looking for windows 10 specific chipset drivers for your motherboard. Maybe it's not reporting correctly?

edit: You might want to set up some easy to read benchmarks (like superpi) to see if there is any difference between performance of stock settings and the bios OC. That'll give you a better idea of whether or not the fact you can't see the OC in monitor software means that it isn't there for some reason or if it's just a case of not being able to read it under windows 10.

ern88

OK, this is weird. I went into BIOS. Changed the freq back to default then back to 4.6 ghz. saved and exit. Now showing it at 4.6 ghz. Did the intel stress test. CPU temp maxed at 60 C the whole time!!! But cant get the HD7950 oc from Over drive to work!!!