What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

oc stuck at 405mhz

djnocide

can my p5kc be the problem? because i've tried to OC my crucial ballistix with my mushkin to 960mhz (ratio 5:6) and i got errors on memtest86+ than i have tried with my mushkin only and at 960mhz(ratio 5:6) i got errors too(i've put my vram to 2.4 and the timing at 5-5-5-15). Do i need to increase the vcore when i test my ram at higher frequencies with memtest86+. I've been told that the p5kc board is a good board but not a really good one for OC, is it true? is it worth it to buy a new mobo like the gigabyte p35-ds3l and try to get a better oc from my 6750 (3.2ghz on my p5kc)?

Mr. Cipher

i've decided to change for mushkin hp (XP cost a little too much for me right now). Is it a good choice? (ocz reaper or corsair xms2 are my other choices)
My reapers (PC2-6400) run at 4-4-4-12 @ 2.1v, 850mhz without an issue. Any faster and they get really cranky, and my system won't boot when I push much higher than 900mhz. I am pretty disappointed to be honest with you (and I bought them because the reviews I read were so positive as well).

djnocide

i find it weird that 2 set of ram (crucial ballistix tracer and mushkin hp) can go as high as review say (from the mobo and from the ram) so i'm wondering if i'm very unlucky with my ram or the mobo just suck.

vinister

Wow I have 2 x 2gb OCZ platinum, rated at ddr-800 and it does ddr-950 with no problems at all.

djnocide it sounds like you should have spent a bit more $$ on a faster cpu. Nothing wrong with 3.3ghz, its more than enough if you have some good video card(s)

Latest posts

Twitter