What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Octoprint won't recognize new password after change from default?

sswilson

Staff member
So far my google fu isn't helping much so I'm hoping somebody here might have a suggestion...

I'm running octoprint on a raspberry pi via ethernet but would like to see if the graphical interface allows for setting the wireless connection through the gui. Unfortunately, while I'm able to log on to the browser interface and set a username/password there, I'm finding that changing the default password for the "pi" username (passwrd from the command line) results in login password no longer being recognized...

Am I missing something?

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah... I was just coming in to update this with a NVM.... :)

Not sure what was going on with the password change command that was listed at the initial boot (warning about changing default password and how to change it) but I did it 3 times with the same effect (password unrecognized on the terminal for username: pi) so I'm fairly certain it wasn't a PBKaC error.

I've now done a password change from within the raspi-config setup and all seems to be working as advertised. (Including being connected wirelessly)

That said... any reason why I wouldn't want to connect wirelessly in this case? I can get an ethernet cable to it, but if I don't need the cable that's one less addition to the rat's nest..... :)

Entz

That said... any reason why I wouldn't want to connect wirelessly in this case? I can get an ethernet cable to it, but if I don't need the cable that's one less addition to the rat's nest..... :)
I can't think of any unless the Wifi sucks where your printer is. Had 0 issues myself.

Latest posts