What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

OCX Vertex2 in Raid 0 question

gmwal

Hello
I have a gigabyte X58A UD3R mobo and i am wondering where best to install the raid 0 array: On the Intel ICH10 ports (0-5) or the gigabyte ports (ports 8-9). I have my cdrom/dvd writer and HDD on the ICH10 ports and i am wondering if it is not better for performance sake to install the raid on the two gigabyte ports (uses a gigabyte controller)? Will other devices on my ICH10 ports affect the array performance and if so should i use a dedicated controller like gigabytes to set up the array? conversely, should i move the cd roma and hdd onto prots 8 and 9 and set up the array on ports 0-1? Or does it even matter? Has anyone done this with this mobo? Has anyone had any issues with the intel or gigabyte controllers or heard of issues? Cheers!

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Thirded. Use the ich10r chipset for raid. My board has the crappy jmicron chips for the other sata ports.

Latest posts

Twitter