What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

OCZ Freeze- their new TIM formula

Babrbarossa

OCZ has bit the bullet and developed their own proprietary formula for TIM which they claim will cool up to 10% better than their OCZ Ultra 5+, which is repackaged arctic silver. I would hope that if they're replacing the Ultra 5 (A.S.), that it's worth in in terms of performance.

Cooling Accessories / Thermal Compound / OCZ Freeze

Using the latest innovations in thermal management compounds, OCZ Freeze has higher heat conductivity potential than leading silver-based thermal pastes on the market today, offering an ultra-reliable solution for all computing environments.

Based on a proprietary formulation of thermally conductive ingredients, OCZ Freeze can lower CPU core temperature as much as ten percent* when compared to conventional silver-based compounds that are a popular choice amongst enthusiasts. OCZ Freeze compound helps maximize overclocking results by reducing the thermal barrier between the CPU and cooler, giving you a performance edge during the toughest computing situations.

Combining low thermal resistance with high conductivity, OCZ Freeze is the premium choice for enthusiasts looking to get the maximum overclock from their CPU, and supports the stability needed to push your system to its limit.

From OCZ

Last edited:

MpG

So what would that "10%" translate into in terms of temperatures? Ten percent of what? A processor can hit 100 degrees if you let it, but I'm skeptical of any TIM dropping temps by ten whole degrees over AS5. Besides, OCZ has been on a bit of a rebranding rampage lately, it seems.

werty316

I am gonna guess that OCZ's new TIM is gonna be the same stuff Artic Silver uses in their MX-5 since OCZ's Ultra5+ is basically just a rebranded AS5

EDIT: ok maybe it not the same as the MX-2 since it a different colour but that doesn't meant its the same stuff since it is just a colour difference.

Freeze4big.jpg

freeze2big.jpg

oczfreeze1BIG.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts