What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

OCZ RevoDrive 350 480GB PCI-E SSD Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member

Caldezar

Great review! And an absolutely amazing product. It's a tempting offering at the high end level. I'd go so far as considering it for a gaming rig...

My only problem (and it's going to sound ridiculous) is that OCZ decided to make a product that's only going to be purchased by the upper end of consumers, a lot of which are gamers. But they decided to make this drive, which will stand out in plain site on all systems, the most hideously green/aluminum color scheme ever. Obviously that's of little concern for high end workstations, but for consumer PC's that have a lot of attention spent to ensuring everything looks good, this is going to stick out like a sore thumb.

SKYMTL

Staff member
That is true. Considering the "heat rises" mantra, the PCB's rear will actually get quite hot which would have made a secondary heatsink a practical solution.

SKYMTL

Staff member
Yes, it was mentioned several times in the review. :) :)

Caldezar

Are these bootable drives?
Yeah, that's what makes it such a bloody attractive option! A bootable OS drive that runs at these speeds, WITH enough space for all your primary applications... a beautiful thing.

Throw in a 60GB SSD scratch disk for Adobe CC and the like, and I would be in heaven.

SKYMTL

Staff member
Searching the word document that was used for editing, Bootable was mentioned 8 times in the review. :) ;)

JD

Staff member
Shame that it's green PCB. The RevoDrive3 X2 that I have is black PCB...

And it's a bit out of my price range, hopefully products similar to this come down to a more reasonable $1/GB range.

Latest posts

Twitter