What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

OCZ Technology Announces Vertex 3 Max IOPS Solid State Drives

FiXT

Hall of Fame
OCZ Technology Group, Inc., today unveiled a new addition to the highly-awarded Vertex 3 SATA III Series. The Vertex 3 Max IOPS edition drives extend the company's industry-leading Vertex 3 SSD product line to support users that require greater transactional throughput. "Following the successful launch of our Vertex 3 SATA III 6Gbps solid sta... [ Read full article ]

U

Unregistered

Interesting.

Interesting, might actually be faster than their original Vertex 2. Somehow, I doubt it though. The new SSD's are using the smaller geometry flash parts which are SLOWER than the older ones...

AkG

Sorry unreg but the V3s are a boat load faster than the V2s. So much faster that I have stopped buying first gen SF drives all together. ;)

U

Unregistered

ok

Is this your opinion? Or can you post actual benchmarks of V3's to back up your claim?

zoob

Knowing AkG probably from first hand experience.

I purchased a Vertex 3 standard and so far not impressed with its stuttering OOTB (LPM issues with P8P67 when not in Hot Plug mode), or its slow random reads... but anything sequential is BLAZING FAST compared to my X25-M G2.

More saddened by the fact they announce a Max IOPs version AFTER I purchase my standard edition. For my usage I'd sacrifice sequential for faster randoms.

AkG

Yes I can and will be...its called a Vertex 3 review. So its not a claim its a fact based upon over 50 hours of testing. ;)

Expect a review sometime in the near future.

Sagath

Staff member
Interesting, might actually be faster than their original Vertex 2. Somehow, I doubt it though. The new SSD's are using the smaller geometry flash parts which are SLOWER than the older ones...
Is this your opinion? Or can you post actual benchmarks of V3's to back up your claim?
Oh, the irony in these two posts. It makes me giggle.

MarcusXP

Is it worth upgrading from Crucial C300 256GB to a Vertex3 similar capacity?
My guess is that there would be little difference in day-to-day use, but I might be wrong.

Latest posts

Twitter