What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

OCZ Vendetta on a AM3+

Gonzo

Does anyone know if I can use my OCZ Vendetta 1 Cooler on a AM3+ Board. ex. Crosshair V Formula.

It has fittings for an AM2 Motherboard. It's going on a Bulldozer Fx-6100.

gonzo

Chris

Vendetta 1 is old. I have Vendetta 2 and it is a pain to put on the fan. If you have not bought it already, I suggest Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo which can do AM3+/AM3, etc.

Bond007

It will mount fine. If you have it it is better than stock cooling, but if you don't already have it then there are better coolers for your $.

Gonzo

That's great news. I had it on a 775 system. It worked well for me with IC7. I lapped the CPU and the cooler as well.

Thanks for the responses.

Gonzo

Vendetta 1 is old. I have Vendetta 2 and it is a pain to put on the fan. If you have not bought it already, I suggest Cool Master Hyper 212 Evo which can do AM3+/AM3, etc.
The Fan on the Vendetta 1 is tricky as well but I got good at it. Nice and quiet though.

Gonzo

It will mount fine. If you have it it is better than stock cooling, but if you don't already have it then there are better coolers for your $.
Actually, I paid $14.99 for it on sale.

Latest posts

Twitter