What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Odd benchmarks

Jonwall

ORB - World of Performance
Reinstalled windows 7 x64, and now vantage and 3dmark06 would run as well as finish, but the scores are really low and there was a wierd sort of flashing on certain things during the tests. Not sure if one of the cards is faulty, my psu cant handle it, or its the windows 7 install/ati drivers.
Ive got the latest drivers off the ati site and aisntalled the full ccc. Really thinking its win7 because even my cpu scores are horrible compared to a q9550, which they shouldnt be. Any ideas?

Was playing fc2 before i did a reinstall and it worked great so im reinstalling to see if that has those errors now too

edit:eek:k farcry 2 is the same as the tests, cant be the psu or it would have done it before right?

Last edited:

Eagle Eye

Likely the display drivers I wouldn't really be concerned about low scores, given you are using a beta operating system there's bound to be some issues.

Jonwall

its not so much the scores but the fact that things are all flashing in all my games, it WAS just working on a win7 install where i swapped out my mb and cpu for newer ones, yet a fresh install has these errors :(

Tried the newest vista x64 drivers and the win7 beta ones as well, no luck. Really dont wanna install vista since i lost my x64 dvd

Seems to be a crossfire issue, disabled it and no flashing, some people were saying they would get flashing if they used both crossfire bridges in a 2 card setup, maybe ill get rid of it by adding the second lol.

Last edited:

Jonwall

well adding the second bridge made a difference, kind of. The flashing is nowhere NEAR as bad, scores seem better too. Could only REALLY notice it on the cpu tests and the loading screens

not sure what fixed it, adjusted my ht ref clock back to 200 and oced to 3.4 with the multi, lowered the cpu voltage a tiny bit, running my memory at 800 instead of 1000mhz, also removed both bridges, reseated the bottom card, then hooked only one back up. No flash, gonna bench now

Last edited:

Latest posts