What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Odd shutdown issue

_dangtx_

Banned
but but, there are also secondary rails, and perhaps the efficiency is not exactly written in stone at the present case temps,rather ambient temps
the power supply unit is coping with.

either way, put everything to stock and furmark the gpus again.

Hacksaw907

but but, there are also secondary rails, and perhaps the efficiency is not exactly written in stone at the present case temps,rather ambient temps
the power supply unit is coping with.

either way, put everything to stock and furmark the gpus again.

Yep, did what you said, and it still crashed. Guess it's my video cards that can't take it :blarg:

Thanks a bunch for the help! Saved me a ton of cash from splurging on a new power supply :bleh:

_dangtx_

Banned
somethings off

when everything is stock, and i mean everything, whats it pulling at the wall?

and how are temps? open up aida64 and look,voltages too.

Hacksaw907

somethings off

when everything is stock, and i mean everything, whats it pulling at the wall?

and how are temps? open up aida64 and look,voltages too.

Oh! That's what you meant! I put everything else but my GPU's at stock, and tried increasing the GPU voltage again. No dice :sad: But when everything's at stock, it all works just fine.

Temps are awesome, with 40C on my CPU and 58C on the hottest 480 under OCCT when they are all OC'ed :thumb:

_dangtx_

Banned
ok, and when EVERYTHING is at stock, whats it pulling at the wall?

i still think its your psu :)

or motherboard. if its got an extra place to hook up power, do hook it up!

Hacksaw907

Okay, reverted everything back to stock, and the power draw during the OCCT GPU test was 686-688w. I've plugged in all possible power connectors into the motherboard, so I'm not sure where I could feed extra power to the board.

_dangtx_

Banned
good. now oc one gpu an do it, then if all is good do it with the other one as well.
always take note of the readings and see where you encounter problems.
if its too far from the power supplies limit it can be good for rma, although i also
think the cards when overclocked hard could stress the motherboard circuitry more.
too bad you dont have a reset button on the psu,one tahts needed to be pushed
if it overloaded. thats the easiest way to tell which is which,well at least to take out
the psu unit from the 'whats wrong' list. i do have one just in case,and many a times ive found
that high clocked gpus in sli or crossfire on motherboards that have no extra power(molex,or pci-e)
can and will pose a problem under stress,extreme stress that is. without that one psu i wouldnt be
able to tell,even with the kill a watt handy,for sure 100%

Hacksaw907

good. now oc one gpu an do it, then if all is good do it with the other one as well.
always take note of the readings and see where you encounter problems.
if its too far from the power supplies limit it can be good for rma, although i also
think the cards when overclocked hard could stress the motherboard circuitry more.
too bad you dont have a reset button on the psu,one tahts needed to be pushed
if it overloaded. thats the easiest way to tell which is which,well at least to take out
the psu unit from the 'whats wrong' list. i do have one just in case,and many a times ive found
that high clocked gpus in sli or crossfire on motherboards that have no extra power(molex,or pci-e)
can and will pose a problem under stress,extreme stress that is. without that one psu i wouldnt be
able to tell,even with the kill a watt handy,for sure 100%

Okay, will do. Although that'll pose a problem, as I can't exactly OC one card unless I remove the second card out of my board, which is only possible by removing it from my loop, which is a lot of work :sad:

I'll see what I can do though. Thanks a ton for the help!

_dangtx_

Banned
you sure you cant overclock just one with evga precision?
dont take it out,lol.

Latest posts