What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Official ATI Eyefinity/nVidia Surround Discussion Thread

flybye

thanks

Thanks for the link to dazmode, quite familar with them but they have no dual gpu waterblock for 6970's video cards nor can I find one anywhere on the web. Doubt even if they are made yet.

Hacksaw907

Thanks for the link to dazmode, quite familar with them but they have no dual gpu waterblock for 6970's video cards nor can I find one anywhere on the web. Doubt even if they are made yet.
Are you talking about the 6990? Or the 6970, specifically? If it's the 6970, it's not a dual-gpu.

tzetsin

Are you talking about the 6990? Or the 6970, specifically? If it's the 6970, it's not a dual-gpu.

Hacksaw is quite right, AMD in their bold attemt to wow unsuspecting buyers into buying their refreshed lineup by confusing them into thinking they were buying the next up card for the next down price is really screwing people that dont do their homework.

5970 = dual gpu on single pcb card
6970 = single gpu on single pcb aka 5870.
all other 6xxx series cards you can basically drop a model from the 5 series card an thats what your actually getting.

If your actually talking about crossfire, then this waterblock will allow you run your loop with two GPUs.

flybye

I am sorry ppl I assume it was 2 gpu with 1gig of ram each, didn't know they had single gpu with 2048 yet. Hmmm not like me to miss that but there it is

Arinoth

Staff member
I got my MSI 560 Tis yesterday in the mail, running one of them due to the fact my main motherboard is still at Gigabyte being worked on (RMA)

_CH_Skyline_

DCS: Black Shark (Full Support)
Dead Space (Full Support)
Dead Space 2 (Full Support)
FarCry 2 (Full Support w/ Widescreen checkbox)
James Cameron's Avatar (Full Support)
Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (Full Support)
Red Faction: Guerrilla (Full Support)
TimeShift (HUD on peripheral screens, but supported)
Trackmania United Forever (Stretching in menus, but supported)
Wings of Prey (Full Support)

Last edited:

Arinoth

Staff member
I'm looking to hopefully having my system up and running with sli 560s once my replacement motherboard comes in monday.

Arinoth

Staff member
System is back up and running, i must say i am delightfully surprised at not only the performance increase the 560 Ti in SLI are over the 6870s in crossfire, the fact that my MSI twin frozr versions can run games for 2+ hours (NFS:HS) at 60% fan speed and don't top 55C at full load.

I tested out Dawn of War 2 with and without Chaos Rising, they both work. However, it seems DoW2: Retribution does not seem to work (you cannot see any of the menus). I am assuming this is a glitch and will be fixed shortly in a patch as it would not make sense that their prior games worked and this one, using the same engine, does not.

fyshawk

Ok got a question for you i have a XFX 6870 already and already setup in Eyefinity with 3x 23 Inch Samsung E2320 Lcdsand I love it now my Questin is I just picked up
a PowerColor Radeon HD 6870 for a song inother words super cheap now I want to run in Crossfire what the question is will my power supply handle it it is a 750AX Corsair PSU any info would help lots guys thanks ahead of tme

Latest posts

Twitter