What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Official Sandra CPU Arithmetic Top 15

DerekOldschool

DerekOldSchool - I'm just wondering if my cpu is unlocked already. I don't want to really mess with it cause the motherboard was designed for HP so God knows what proprietary **** they have done with the BIOS.

The only way you can tell if the cpu is unlocked is to change the multiplier in the bios and then check it with CPU-Z (or some other app) to see if it actually changed or not.

I actually had an XP 3000, but it was super-locked (no pencil trick or whatever possible) and I traded it in for a mobile processor (an XP-M 2500)

I was glad I did, because it runs faster than a xp3200 :)

I'm not sure what kind of motherboard the Asus A7V8X-MX is, but perhaps a bios upgrade is in order - there may be a modded bios available that will give you control of the CPU's multiplier, if you dont have access to it in your current bios

However, if you have a xp3000, chances are that it is super-locked from the factory and you'll have trouble with a FSB above 340Mhz - I was able to get about 360Mhz out of mine, but my Abit Nf-7 did 400Mhz dual channel, so I switched to the xp-m 2500

sswilson

Staff member
If it's an HP I'd advise against flashing the bios with anything other than HP's bios files.

Just because it's the same model # as a retail board doesn't mean that it's set up the same as the retail board.

I saw quite a few posts from folks who tried to flash MSI boards (RS480/482 if I remember correctly) in hp (or compaq) machines with MSI bios' who buggered up their systems.

DerekOldschool

If it's an HP I'd advise against flashing the bios with anything other than HP's bios files.

Just because it's the same model # as a retail board doesn't mean that it's set up the same as the retail board.

I saw quite a few posts from folks who tried to flash MSI boards (RS480/482 if I remember correctly) in hp (or compaq) machines with MSI bios' who buggered up their systems.

Sounds like more research is in order, K1llerInstinct.

sswilson has an excellent point - you dont wanna muck with flashing the bios unless you are certain you know what you're doing

Babrbarossa

That's a kooky score Rob! Sure we'd list it (I'll leave it to superG) -- gotta give us something to dream about- what are you cooling with?

G

Don't include me if this is an unfair entry.

58577/40586.. CPU was about 80C when stressed. Stressing for over an hour will result in 90C+ temps though, but still retains perfect stability.

lol Nice score Death, Suicide runs are perfectly fine not looking for prime just the highest clocks.

G

DerekOldSchool - I'm just wondering if my cpu is unlocked already. I don't want to really mess with it cause the motherboard was designed for HP so God knows what proprietary **** they have done with the BIOS.
Do you know the stepping? Any AMD past what 49/03 (?) was superlocked @ the factory. Except the mobiles.:doh:

Deathspawner

lol Nice score Death, Suicide runs are perfectly fine not looking for prime just the highest clocks.

Haha, I am hoping to never suicide a CPU. I've killed other things while overclocking, but never a CPU. As for that overclock, it is actually fully prime stable, it just gets mighty hot. CPU seems to handle it well though:

Cooling is Corsairs Nautilus 500... great noob water cooling. Temps could be better, but my constant 80F ambient heat doesn't help anything.

DerekOldschool

@ Deathspawner: nice :punk: your computer kicks ass

@K1llerInstinct: if you really cant do anything via the bios of your mobo, there's a program called CPU Cool that allows you to change the FSB and voltages from within windows. Obviously watch your temps and exercise the proper restraint when changing these parameters

Latest posts