What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ok what would you do if you were in my position

lowfat

Staff member
3600mhz is the highest recommended for AMD systems as when you beyond that, it throttles something in the way the fiber inter-conntects talk and impairs performance.
The fclk will run up to 3800MHz. Running ram beyond that, and the fclk needs to run async.

gingerbee

Ya I knew that but I am really starting to lean towards it being a crappie IMC cause I found out that the game I had problem with everyone has a problem with if running AMD cpu/gpu and have now kinda fixed it ( game still crashes but works )

Besides that everything else seems to be running fine now as long as I leave ram at stock I am going to try running the [email protected] and then try the [email protected] and see if things go ok.
I was doing all this to get my Fclk running faster to increase performance but it seems there really not a lot left on the table if ya don't lol

I really want to thank everyone for reading and offering advice lowfat if you or anyone else running the 3900x could post there CPU/board/ram setups it would help me out just so I can see others that have it working thanks again all

edit
Only thing I can't explain is why my audio crackles when at 3600mhz which I found out only does it playing something off my pc it doesn't do it when playing audio off of the web which is strange

gingerbee

Ya I could do that but I don't really need it I don't have the best hearing ( worked in a lot of clubs as a kid ) onboard audio does me just fine would really like to know if its just a voltage to high or low lol

gingerbee

Ok so I am watching buildzoid ram video and have learned a lot and he talks way above my head with most things but I think I just really bought the wrong ram kits not realizing how important ram is. I mean he basically says under 3000mhz or with really high timings is the garbage bin ram lol So I guess I will make it work for know but will plan on getting some good ram in the future. not sure about most of it but my board seems stable for the last few days.
funny thing is all the ram I bought is on the board qvl list (as i found out that just means booting [email protected])

( I know a lot about pc parts I always try to read the whitepapers for CPU's but I know nothing when it comes to ram truly nothing )

anyone know where to get the whitepaper for 3000 series chips
edit
he also said dual rank puts a lot of strain on a dual channel IMC.

Last edited:

lowfat

Staff member
I'd really suggest some Samsung b die. Most of the 3200MHz + G.skill Trident should be b-die. Can compare the model numbers w/ the tool below.

I believe for Ryzen you want dual rank ram as it performs a bit better.

gingerbee

well after having the issues I had with the dual-rank kit I had ( not b-die ) I don't think I want to revisit it just yet lol and after checking into how bad it seems to stress the zen 2 IMC not sure if I want to go that route at all.

after watching buildzoids vid as he states b-die use to be the only ram worth anything but the micron E-die I have seems to work so far I am doing another prime run at 3200mhz on XMP timings to see if it is working out

Don't get me wrong I know your right b-die is the sh1t only reason I grabbed the micron E is it was super cheap if I can come up with the extra cash I think I will grab the b-die but need to see how life goes cash wize spent too much on ram in the last year plus b-die at high speeds is super pricey

( I and the wife decided to save as much money as we can since we found out our landlord plans to sell the building we live in over the next 5 to 10 years so we only have so much time to save to buy a house so will need to come up with the money from extra sources you know maybe selling some pc parts I don't need cant dip into the budget anymore )

Ya I know about the b-die finder it's how I found the b-die I almost bought. could you post your b-die so I can check it out thanks. or pm if you dont want it public thanks

Sorry all I talk to much. as you can see

Buildzoids ram choices https://docs.google.com/document/d/1y29lfTkhA-YHUBp4ZRbKu6i7QslhJ3I2SMYIsGYe4Qs/edit

gingerbee

Ok, I have a very important? for all the long-time pc builders can an IMC cause a DIMM slot to not work IE is the IMC linked to DIMM slots or does it just mean that the motherboard has a dead DIMM slot

JD

Staff member
That's a tricky one as it could be either... you wouldn't really know until you swap the CPU or motherboard. I know you didn't want to put your 3900x into a B350, how about moving a CPU from the B350 board to your X570 one?

gingerbee

Ya I would do that problem is that I only have zen 1 cpu's I have a ryzen 1400 and 2x1700 cpu's so no way to check with the cpu. dimm slot 3 did work till today. I have the extra warranty for my zen 2 3900x with Canada computers so I think I could get them to check it if I have to

Latest posts

Twitter