What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ok what would you do if you were in my position

gingerbee

The problem is the other 2 pc's are my wife's and the HTPC that is used by family all the time. hence why I didn't want to screw with them

edit

Think I may just RMA the board and see if I can get Canada computers to check my CPU if the problem is with the CPU they will give me a direct replacement that's the warranty I paid for if its not then I am good and Asus can fix or replace the board which I can then keep or sell. cross that road when I get there

Last edited:

JD

Staff member
Yeah I get that, and didn't realize they were both Zen 1 chips. Only way you could really test is to put the 3900x in a B350 board then :(

gingerbee

Wicked just talked to Canada computers they said it's not a problem they said they will drop it in a test system to check it out and if its the CPU they will get me a brand new one asap. kinda hope it's not a CPU cause mean I am having really bad luck this year lol

If its the board I will buy another one to replace the one I have to RMA and sell or keep it once back from RMA

Reactions: JD

supaflyx3

I'd really suggest some Samsung b die. Most of the 3200MHz + G.skill Trident should be b-die. Can compare the model numbers w/ the tool below.

I believe for Ryzen you want dual rank ram as it performs a bit better.
Samsung stopped b-die production months ago, unless you get lucky and get some old stock you're more likely to get micron e-die, which is regarded as the next best thing.

lowfat

Staff member
Samsung stopped b-die production months ago, unless you get lucky and get some old stock you're more likely to get micron e-die, which is regarded as the next best thing.
Easy to tell by the timings as the b-die is binned w/ tighter timings. You'll probably see new part numbers for e-die as it won't be binned w/ the same timings.

Sagath

Staff member
MemEx swapped a cpu for me for testing once I isolated it down to either/or. They took a cheap Celeron and let me put it in my rig. It booted right away and they let me swap the 8700k on the spot.

glad to hear you got it sorted Ginger. It's been a while and I know how frustrating random pc issues are. I think we all have been there.

Johan45

A couple things here, Samsung B-die is still widely available.
The new Ryzen3 series do handle memory better but 32 GB is a mouthful for it. Especially when paired with Corsair Vengence which always seems hit and miss for compatibility.
This is taken from the AMD reviewer package and refers to expected compatibility for different quantities and configurations

ryzen mem.JPG

Last edited:

gingerbee

Thanks, Sagath It's just been many years since I have had any kind of problem forgot how stressful it can be.

On the second note, I have had no trouble finding B-die ram its cost very expensive compared to everything else

Latest posts

Twitter