What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ok what would you do if you were in my position

gingerbee

In fact, I am hoping it's going to be the board. I mean It really doesn't matter cause I will get a replacement anyway but I am more worried there's something wrong with the high end 3000 series chips. ( doubtful I know )

I will be happier if its the board then I can just buy a new board at Canada computers when they test the CPU to replace the bad board then RMA it then sell it once back from RMA. I mean If it's the CPU I have the direct replacement warranty from CC so as long as the CPU is in stock I am good.

I did buy the board online so it may have been banged around more then it should have who knows

Johan45

You said the 4x8GB will run at XMP but you have audio issues. Have you tried upping the DRAM voltage slightly to 1.375V more or less. Sometimes that helps in a 4x8 set-up

gingerbee

ya I tried all the way up to 1.4 then 2 days ago DIMM slot 3 stopped working so it's the board or CPU heading to Canada computers in the morning to test CPU. If the CPU is ok then to grab another board and RMA the one I have or to pick up a new CPU cause I have the direct replacement warranty with CC. will find out tomorrow but I think we're almost over the problems thanks for the help anywho

gingerbee

ok so was at Canada computers today and I had good luck it was I tech I know from years ago he had the same setup as me on the tech bench so he dropped in my CPU and it ran perfectly so the board has to RMA which is fine so I grabbed another x570 tuf wifi this time I didn't have the wifi last time.

plus he booted up my new board and cpu with 64gb of the same ram I have and he said don't use DOCP/XMP just manually put the ram settings in with the timings in and I should be good this board was ok
so tomorrow will be back at it.

I want to thank everyone for their advice and help (y):giggle:

JD

Staff member
That's pretty strange, I'm surprised you opted to buy the same board though. Hopefully this one lasts longer!

gingerbee

well i was playing the odds that it wouldn't happen to 2 of the same board and to be very honest I really like this board and I didn't want to have to jump through the hoops of a different board or to do a fresh install of windows ( even though I am running Nvidia DCH drivers )

So far so good up and running perfectly now with all DIMM slots showing up just haven't gotten into the DOCP/XMP which the tech at CC told me not to use the DOCP/XMP just to set the timing manually and set the speed with the right voltage he said they have had nothing but problems when running the DOCP/XMP setting . which makes no sense to me I thought all it did was apply the same setting I would put in manually. but will give it a hot he's worked on more ryzen stuff then I have.

I did think about getting the gigabyte elite but like I said I really like this board. really want to thank everyone for there advice and help hope I can repay it someday(y);)

Valkyrie

Chilliwack...Time Is Just A Rubber Band....
Asus DOCP/XMP is setting a lot more than primary timings and the voltage. If you want to do some detective work, you can find out what's causing the problem by switching between manually setting just the primaries and voltage and using the DOCP/XMP while looking at ALL the memory timings. There will be one or .(likely). more secondary or tertiary/other timings different than what the board auto sets. (..I'm talking about just booting into BIOS here..).

You may not want to bother, but it would be interesting to someone who likes playing with memory timings..:)

As for the other board, I suspect Asus will reflow the solder joints on at least the dud socket, maybe all of them and the board will be fine. Could be something more serious, but less likely.

Last edited:

gingerbee

I thought the DOCP/XMP setting did change a bunch of things but when I checked it just change the voltage and the 5 main timings and left everything else on auto so I don't know where else to look if things are being changed. but it seems for what every reason I know need to do a fresh install of windows which makes no sense to me since its all the same parts besides the fact the new board has wifi that's it.

Plus with the other board, I don't really care if they fix it or replace it that way I can sell it knowing it's been fixed/replaced who knows maybe I end up holding on to it just for future upgrades or someone gets a good deal on a x570 tuf to keep there upgrade cost down

gingerbee

Ok so I am at the end of my rope here I have spent all day trying to install every copy of windows there is legal to illegal ones I even made a whole new one from the media creation tool with an OEM key every time the pc go to boot after getting the files ready it boot fails in 22 years I have never had this many problems with a pc. I am pretty much stuck I don't know what else to do

gingerbee

Omg, so I figured it out. All damn day it has been the wifi driver. I guess there is one that windows installs when first loading up
( with internet plugged in or not ) that I guess it doesn't like, because it fails to boot on the first boot when getting everything ready have tried all the fixes online none worked. So I am back on the wifi-less board till I can swap the new board for one without wifi.

I can't believe the problems I have had with this really hoping there all over soon. 22 years building pc's never had this many problems

Thanks again all who look and all you had advice

Latest posts

Twitter