What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ok , what's the deal ?

doup93

Problem I see on my side is that I have two Server 2012 R2 machines with dual E5-2670's that their folding client is always idle. They rarely get a workunit.

BrainEater

Well , I tell yah what, in the next 6 months I'm going to put that to the test.I'm waiting on a pair of e5-2687w-v4's , which are basically the cream of the broadwell crop.
24 cores/48 threads.

we'll see !!

:thumb:

lowfat

Staff member
Well , I tell yah what, in the next 6 months I'm going to put that to the test.I'm waiting on a pair of e5-2687w-v4's , which are basically the cream of the broadwell crop.
24 cores/48 threads.

we'll see !!

:thumb:

I bet it gets you under 100K PPD.

BrainEater

I ain't buyin it for that .... but honestly , 100k would be sweet.My 6 core sandybridge does ~ 15-20k .
I was never corrupted by the 'big-adv' thing so...I'll take what I can get.

Don't worry , this rig comes with new video cards too !

:haha:

chrisk

Folding Captain
Primarily electricity costs for us. Wifey quit her job (cut her income in half), just after we moved into a house where we paid electricity bill (and right after we bought two new cars, right after we took a $10,000 trip, right after I started a masters degree, right after we got a dog, etc etc etc...)

I have not upgraded any of my rigs in over 2 years. Have been lucky on the mobile front (both my wife and I were on govt plans that gave us a 12 month upgrade at the 3 year price), but that too has ended. Going to be tough being a gadget addict when cash flow is a big issue.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
I just looked my old folding name up, haven't submitted a workunit since 2013!
Gone are the days of my dual SR2's heating my garage in the winter. Cheap electricity isn't available anymore. I used to house the SR2's where I used to work in their server room.. they barely even made a mark on the electricity bill.
I can't setup anything where I work now, and it looks like it's all GPU based folding now anyways.

Still in 7th place! :)

Dead Things

I still have one of your SR-2s Rison! Alas, it remains off at this time. I used cryptocurrencies to offset electricity costs for a while, but that's not as effective any more. Now, unless I can justify the electricity costs for heating purposes in the winter, only my daily driver is folding since I leave it on all the time anyway. Escalating electricity costs here in Ontario have made folding untenable financially. Anyone want a 4P G34 server?