What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Old PSU for Vega 64

Soultribunal

Staff member
1. The list I provided isn't a comprehensive list of the best platforms but the most common and popular based on OEM/ODM

2. Why would you suggest the RMi/RMx series over the others I listed? As a CWT platform average voltage regulation is typically competitive but ripple could be better. Compared to Superflowers G3 or T2 platform it doesn't compete.

3. It was easy years ago then to find who manufactured the power supply and opinions about the platform. The review sites were around and platform analysis was done on a more frequent basis. With the recent loss of Oklahoma Wolf (in that he decided to stop reviewing PSUs) we are left with Cybernetics.

4. Try? I don't know what you mean with the bolded comment. Please elaborate or explain.

5. Enermax had stiff competition even when they manufactured in-house. There was also issues with certain platforms and certain motherboard combinations resulting in a failure to boot. They were good but they had plenty of competition. They couldn't compete any longer now that's why they outsource to CWT and still don't get the best platforms (which go to Corsair primarily).

One more time I am going to say this. I am not looking to get a 100% Factual to the letter, approval from what a post should contain.
Read between the lines, learn what figures of speech and such mean.

You chose to be combative. As if what I suggested is not good enough. I don't have to justify my choices on what I suggest. Keep ON topic. Unless I am suggesting he put a POWMAX 1000W in his system, there is no reason to centre out my choice.

OKW and I are actually on pretty good terms being both Writers. He is doing what is good for him, and we've talked at length. Taz is just as good, but is right now working on a lot of Back End stuff before he gets more out on the site (at least last I heard). There is more than just Cyber out there to do reviews. Quite a few competent places if you know whom to ask and where to look.

4) The fact that you don't 'get' it, speaks volumes to me, and those who 'do'.

5) No reason to post this, you just wanted to be more 'right' than my generalization. We Don't need the life history of Enermax.

But hey, keep being Mr. Havetoberightordie , it won't last long.

-ST

Soultribunal

Staff member
1. I asked why would you suggest the RMi/RMx over the other platforms. Is it because of warranty, platform, voltage regulation, etc.. It's a valid question.

2. I listed the most common and popular OEM/ODM platforms. I didn't just

3. Taz won't be involved with reviews for a while. It was primarily Oklahoma Wolf and Jonnyguru (before he went to Corsair).

4. In terms of comprehensive reviews on the level of OKW Arris from Cybernetics still does it. You can get information about a PSU but Arris still tests on a level of OKW and further. There was plenty of hardware reviewers that tested PSUs in the past but it's gotten fewer. Steve from Gamers Nexus hasn't really gotten into it as much as he wants to.

5. The Enermax wasn't a generalization nor a life history. I noted that they had certain flagship platforms years ago that had compatibility issues with certain motherboard combinations. That's happened with other manufacturer platforms but Enermax was notable.

Here's an Idea, and I kick myself because I let your desire to complicate simple things drag me into responding.

OP (i.e. SilentSki) if you have an idea or need a hand finding a proper PSU please feel free to post in here and we will gladly help you decide.

I think the general feeling is that PSU is too old for the task and possibly out of spec after being used for so long. If you have a budget we'll gladly help.
Safer to get something new and modern versus using something that old.

-ST

Latest posts