What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Old Raid 0 Array, new Mobo

mattydies

OK, It turns out I fried my mainboard. I was running 2 x Raptor 74gb in Raid 0 as my OS drive. It has lots of stuff on it I would like to keep (misc files, pictures, etc.) My old Mobo was an ASUS P5NE-SLI (which uses an nVidia Raid controller). This particular mobo happens to be the mobo from hell, but I digress.

My new mobo is scheduled to arrive tomorrow and I'm stoked!!! Gigabyte EP45-UD3P. It's literally been at least 3 years since I could overclock a CPU.

QUESTION Will my new board be able to read the existing Array? Will I have to do anything special to make this work? I REALLY do not want to kiss the files good bye (especially since I do not know what I will be loosing - although that may not be such a bad thing).

Thanks in advance

b1lk1

Backup all your data as you cannot transfer the RAID array to a different controller. This is the major disadvantage to motherboard RAID.

mattydies

Well this is one of those things I wish I learned about when I first learned about (and decided to use) a Raid array.

Oh well I guess. The files are not anything crucial thankfully (I'm not sure if I actually have any crucial files actually lol...)

Thanks for the help guys!

Latest posts

Twitter