What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Older Nvidia Hardware

Shadowarez

So I have a EVGA Titan X and a Zotac 1060 6gb sitting around was wondering what miner can I use to out these to use? I'd mine Montero? Or Etherium?

Mr. Friendly

you have a couple of options. if you want something dirty and eazy, you can use NiceHash or BetterHash.

I recommend you use external wallets. those who had internal wallets with NH lost everything when they got hacked (though they are due for compensation...but its yet to happen). I'd recommend the same for BetterHash too...don't use an internal wallet, even if they lower the payout fees. or ensure you do payouts frequently to a third party wallet so you wont' suffer a great loss for when they get hacked. everyone gets hacked... :p

I am on many exchanges, but I use the Canada based QuadrigaCX for my wallets. keeping in mind they seem to have processing issues with payouts. my eTF was supposed to be 3 - 5 days...and that was 2 weeks ago. :blarg:

Shadowarez

ahh ok ty lol figure i might as well put this hardware to use as sli doesnt do anything for me at for Ark i see no improvment in fps as i sue a gsync montior, plusi dont pay power were i am atm. might as well make use of it is do i need to use/tweak cg miner?

Lysrin

I was just going to post a similar thread, good thing I checked first. I was just wondering, similar to Shadowarez, if you can do anything worthwhile with a GTX 670 and/or 970?

I'm not expecting to make buckets of money or anything but while I was researching and reading I figured before I went too much deeper I would check with you guys here who are more experienced. Do you need multiple more modern (aka lower power draw) GPUs to make any money at crypomining or could I set something up with either of the mentioned cards?

Prickly007

At the end of December, early January, my GTX 970 was earning ~0.2mBTC per day. Earnings have fallen, at least on my 1080 Ti, by roughly a third since then. You would therefore be looking at an awfully long time for a payment from a (pool) site. No idea how viable mining shit coins would be.

Lysrin

Thanks Prickly007. It just seems like something I should play around with because it is interesting, but with many demands on my time and no plans to go spend a bunch of money on a significant mining set up I am likely better off to put more hours into something else! ;)

Twitter