What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Omfg!!!

Entz

For completeness:

When a member wins an item, or uses Buy It Now to purchase an item, they must complete the purchase by sending full payment to the seller within 2 days.
Unpaid items are considered a violation of our buying policies. All unpaid items are recorded on a buyer’s account. Buyers who have excessive unpaid items, or cancelled transactions, may have limits imposed, or lose their buying privileges.

So yeah there isn't much of a deterrent, yeah the seller has to relist and gets a refund on any fees and it just wastes time but I would doubt the random trolling is going to do much of anything to most people.

moocow

Article from Gizmodo is reporting that at least one reseller got ban because of his listing getting inflated to high heaven by bidding bots.

rjbarker

I hope these morons have to sit on there stock......glad im not that desperate for a Card......best way to fight tis is to simply not purchase new Cards on ebay at a cost anything above the going rate..........but theres those folks that will be pay the extra to get it!!!

draemn

Is there no penalty / rating hit against bidders who don't honour their bids? Seems like a system ripe for trolling if their isn't. (I've never bid on ebay, I've bought a few things at their listed "buy now" price but that's it).
You can get a strike on your account or potentially banned, but there's nothing in place to stop people creating new/fake accounts. It's very easy to make fake accounts on e-bay to do this with. E-bay takes a very hands off approach until after the auction ends, at which point it only gets involved if there is a complaint. A strike does impact your account a little worse than a bad review, but overall it's not going to prevent you from continuing to use e-bay.

draemn

I wonder why Ebay is allowing anyone to sell something they don't actually own.
This is one of the reasons I don't like e-bay anymore and only use it when I can't find another option. They don't give 2 shits about policing listings and they are okay with defending sellers who have the "fine print in the description" that you're not getting what you think.