What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

OMG e8400, are you SERIOUS? :(

Chilly

Website
mirthful.ca
Using a P5Q Pro mobo with 2x2GB G.Skill PC2-8000 sticks running at 1:1.

I finally managed to finally set up my WC today, single cpu loop. Here are the results. Room is now at around 25c with the heater turned on :haha: Looks like the temp diodes are now unstuck! When its back to idle, it still stays at the 33c spot and will not go lower.
Screenies are with prime running/on load.

What do you guys think? Totally normal, yes? Keeping it, yes?
OT, but what should I do next in terms of OCing. BSOD @ anything higher than 4.23ghz. Is the core voltage too high at the moment? I have it under AUTO...
Told you! I knew that CPU wasn't defective. :biggrin:

As for the CPU voltage its fine, I would try and keep it below 1.425, so 1.36 is fine. I wouldn't leave it on auto though, set it at 1.3625V and see if you can't get the same clocks. Also look around your BIOS for a vdroop setting, once you find it, enable it, it will ensure the voltage being fed to your CPU is steady.

Once we've found a CPU OC that your comfortable with, we'll look at clocking up the ram. :thumb:

Last edited:

enaberif

What you need to do now is figure out which temp is more closer (I'd say the 43) and adjust Realtemp so the other sensor is within spec under load.

jaszypoo

:shok:Uh oh. Now I'm failling prime tests in the first minute. Tried going back to 4.23ghz, same thing. Tried downclocking to 4.0 and 3.8, same thing! Ahhh! Did my ram just crap out?

enaberif

If your running SmallFFT your cpu is unstable and you will probably need more voltage like 1.3 to 1.35 for the vcore

enaberif

I always run blend for 3+ hrs. Should I be running smallftt instead when I'm stress testing?
Yes you need to run SmallFFT to get a stable CPU.

Once that is stable then perhaps Blend.

But ram should already be setup for 1:1 with the speed, timings and proper voltage applied.

Twitter