What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

On a budget? Here's what I did.

Aressem

FWIW, I just bought a used computer (less than a year old) for $400 and sold my old one for $250. Here's what I got for $150:

Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
Intel i5-2500K (OC'd to 4.5 Ghz)
Eco-IT water cooler (temps 58C under full load)
Corsair 650W PSU
Corsair 120GB SSD
8GB G.Skill RipJaws
DVD Burner

When I sold my old PC, I installed a 500GB HDD that I had kicking around and kept my old 64GB SSD. I also kept my video card since the old system had onboard graphics. I swapped cases since I didn't like the one that came with the new PC and I didn't want to get rid of my 20" Thermaltake Shark (aluminum case).

So on top of getting all those goodies listed above, I kept my video card, 20" aluminum case and 64GB SSD (I use it as a scratch drive for photoshop CS5). For $150, I'd say I did pretty darn well. Rather than considering a whole new build, you can do the same if you know what to look for. Deals like this won't last long, so make sure to watch craigslist like a hawk and pounce when you see a deal!

Last edited: