What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Onboard Realtek HD + HD 2600XT = missing sound device

Paintrain

Has anyone figured out yet how to get rid of that unknown HD audio device? I have the P5Q-E and an ATI 4850 and Ive installed the asus sound drivers and ive installed the CCC 8.7 drivers and yet it is still there.. Is there a seperate driver I need for my HD audio on my 4850?

I really wanna figure this out.

Tazer-[X]

:dots:I was just about to start a tazer rant bout how all the young fellsa now adays dont remember trying to get a game going on a system that had like 512 K of ram. And what it was like when you had to prespecify all your DMA;s and sorts :bleh: And than try to get a mouse in their also :help: But, luckily, you all figured it out before I would have gotten you to start writing drivers, and, meh, you get the points :shok:

sswilson

Staff member
Has anyone figured out yet how to get rid of that unknown HD audio device? I have the P5Q-E and an ATI 4850 and Ive installed the asus sound drivers and ive installed the CCC 8.7 drivers and yet it is still there.. Is there a seperate driver I need for my HD audio on my 4850?

I really wanna figure this out.
Have a look on your ASUS driver disk, there should be a HD Audio driver on it.

Aside from that, I'll have another look around today to see if I can find it on the ATI site, it seems wierd that something which is a common problem is still happening with the 2XXX+ ATI cards.

Latest posts

Twitter