What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Onboard Sound Driver Issues

Fingercramps

Hey guys! Sorry i'm back so soon with a new audio problem but this one is puzzling me. So a few days ago I had my Siberia V2's in and i noticed the Mic did not work on skype, okay no big deal just uninstall drivers, reboot, and bam fixed right? Well it didnt go that way.

As soon as I get back I realize that reinstalling the drivers had no effect, and this time it broke the audio, well that's not good so i uninstall all audio drivers possible from device manager and reboot and reinstall. Well now that just completely screws the audio because of my genius brain. I go to the Manufacturer page for my specific laptop to get the audio drivers back, install them, reboot, still no change. The main problems that seem to occur are this:

1: Onboard sound is completely gone now and is not recognized

2: My Sound Device Manager says all devices are disabled or disconnected while in the manager they are clearly on the list and are set to default but the funny part is I cannot change any of the properties, it wont allow me to change what is set to default, what is disabled, and what is enabled.

3:I have assumed that this is a software problem and not a hardware, as sound was working perfectly fine before I messed it up.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated, thank you. :)

KaptCrunch

try this hp

IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver

Type:Driver - AudioVersion:6.10.6428.0; 5.10.6428.0 (9 Nov 2012)Operating System(s):Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 Professional (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 )File name:sp59291.exe (38 MB)

KaptCrunch

third party driver scanner (beware of spam) or open laptop and check what sound chip have
ALC888.jpg

Latest posts