What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

One of my Monitors is Grayscale

Gonzo

I have a Radeon HD6870 and one of my monitors (2 monitor setup) is showing grayscale instead of color. It's the Videocard, not the monitor.

Can anyone tell me if my Vidcard is caput or just a setting problem.

Bond007

You have confirmed it is the card by swapping connections (confirmed the monitor is good)? Have you updated drivers lately? Even if you haven't you could try an update or rollback of the driver. Did you check if its a cable issue?

Gonzo

Yes to all. Still Grayscale. It's the HDMI Port that is outputing the Grayscale. The DVI Port is outputing color.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Go into the Catalyst Control Center. Select Preferences in the upper right hand corner. In the drop-down menu, select Reset to Factory Defaults.

If that doesn't work, swap cables.

Gonzo

Go into the Catalyst Control Center. Select Preferences in the upper right hand corner. In the drop-down menu, select Reset to Factory Defaults.

If that doesn't work, swap cables.

That fixed it (Reset). Thanks a bunch. :clap:

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Thanks. Sometimes the CCC randomly resets the HDMI color scale. No idea why.

Bond007

Nice easy fix SKYMTL...I haven't heard of that issue before, but you were quick on it. I will remember that if any of my AMD running friends have an issue like that.

Latest posts