What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Opinions, suggestions appreciated

MaddPanda

Good day, I would like to seek help or suggestions about my upcoming plan to upgrade my system. I currently have an i5-7600k (not overclocked) paired with a GTX1070 and 16GB of ram. I am currently on the verge of upgrading and switching to a third gen Ryzen CPU and an AMD Radeon RX5700XT. I would like to ask for opinion if this is a good upgrade. Setting aside budget, should I go on and upgrade to the Ryzen+Rx5700XT? Is it logical? Or should I just stick with my i5 and replace my current GPU with an RX5700XT? I usually play FPS games (battle royale to be exact) a lot and AAA games occasionally. I also game at 1080p resolution at 144hz. I hope you can enlighten me or give me suggestions on what should be a logical upgrade given the scenario above. Thank you and more power to you guys.

MaddPanda

MvSlainXVII

Better wait out for now. the drivers aren't stable and there have been news of crashing and incompatibility on the new Ryzen 3rd gen and the Radeon 5700XT better wait a while after the dust settle's then buy it.

MaddPanda

Better wait out for now. the drivers aren't stable and there have been news of crashing and incompatibility on the new Ryzen 3rd gen and the Radeon 5700XT better wait a while after the dust settle's then buy it.

Thank you so much for this vital information. I will definitely be on the look out for this.

MARSTG

Just get a used Vega 64, the drivers are already mature and performance is pretty much similar.

Latest posts