What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Want to Sell (or trade) Gigabyte Aorus Gaming Box 1080

CMetaphor

Quadfather
So, as many of you know, my Alienware 13 R3 was designed by idiots. Idiots with terrible customer service and with products that can't manage heat At All.

So a little while back, in desperation, I looked into getting an AW graphics amp and a powerful GPU, to take the load off my laptop's GPU and hopefully help the overall thermals (the GPU + CPU share heatpipes). Long story short, I found an Aorus Gaming Box 1080 for a very fair price and have used it here and there when my condition keeps me from getting out of bed much.

Now though, it looks like my Lappy will be repaired soon, and the box won't be of use anymore.

So, I'm looking to trade it, or sell it only for the right price.

Note: This isn't the quietest eGPU, but it's most definitely the smallest (big reason I got it). Works via full Thunderbolt 3, and has extra ports like USB3 and USB to use it as a mini docking station.
Comes with carrying case.

Trade ideas:
1) modern high end GPU (will offer cash if necessary to keep it balanced)
2) Ryzen 3xxx
3) ???

Direct sale price: $600 negotiable or partial trade.

Thanks all.

20191126_165014.jpg

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
Yeah, by the rules I'd suggest just leaving it as a desire to "trade". If somebody then comes along and offers you sufficient cash to buy what you wanted to initially trade for then all parties will be happy.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Not even sure I Should bump this tbh. Sorta a niche product...

I mean, it would give a massive boost to even a surface style windows tablet. Supposed to work with anything that has Thunderbolt 3.

Fingers crossed, help me out guys? Danke.

SugarJ

Staff member
You might have better luck putting a FS price on it too. It might be tough to find someone that wants one that has something you want in return. GLWS.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
You might have better luck putting a FS price on it too. It might be tough to find someone that wants one that has something you want in return. GLWS.
I'd be happy to if I had any idea on the price (the PC post is reply-less). I mean, it's an Itx 1080, which i think by itself would be around 400 or so? BUT it's a weird form factor. BUT it's in an eGPU box that's smaller, lighter and better than (imo) pretty much most other such boxes out there. So 500$? 600$? I have no idea, i just know I don't need it anymore, and I'd like to take a dent of upcoming projects (I don't have a ton of money for builds ATM, and a big ass unexpected bill just landed in my lap an hour ago, yay!)

Anyway. I'll just put a price and say negotiable. Should I change the prefix tag as well?

Soultribunal

Staff member
Just my own personal plug, but this isn't limited to just laptop use which is what some people might first think.
This would turn a good Intel NUC into a mini Powerhouse PC in a heartbeat. Trust me, if I had the money...

-ST

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Just my own personal plug, but this isn't limited to just laptop use which is what some people might first think.
This would turn a good Intel NUC into a mini Powerhouse PC in a heartbeat. Trust me, if I had the money...

-ST
Ya don't need money, just something to trade. And tbh I'd probably be open to a lot of fairly weird trade ideas since I'm diving head first back into builds. Sooooo send me a shout? Haha

fitbrit

I have a Graphics Amp for my AW 17 R3. I never got it to work. I might be interested in your Gaming Box. Can the GPU in it be changed easily in the future?

Soultribunal

Staff member
If I had something worthy of trade, I would CM.

Alas, I'm poor these days lol. Rescuing Puppies takes a lot of capital.

And Fitbrit, it looks like it's removable, you'd just have to find something that fits inside of it again.

-ST

Latest posts

Twitter