What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ordered a 1080 Ti from Amazon, But I got a 1070 Ti

sherwind2010

I never got my 1080 Ti hybrid, I got a 1070 ti sc hybrid instead...
:angry2:

sswilson

Staff member
What's the return process going to be? Was it an Amazon Filled order or a third party? Will they replace the item, or just refund your original purchase price?

Caldezar

In all likely hood, it's going to get handled as a straight return. Although, I hope you sent an email as soon as you received it with a dispute. You don't want Amazon coming back at you saying you tried to pull a fast one on them.

Did you check the email or packing slip to see if there was a model or serial listed? Curious at what point in the process there was a breakdown.

sswilson

Staff member
Why is this a thread? Got wrong card = return it. The end. :p

Well.... considering the recent reports on massive price hikes on high(er) end cards, I'm interested to know if Amazon will honor the original order, or if they just claim a mea culpa by refunding the purchase price since the new card probably now has an extra $200 premium on it.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Well.... considering the recent reports on massive price hikes on high(er) end cards, I'm interested to know if Amazon will honor the original order, or if they just claim a mea culpa by refunding the purchase price since the new card probably now has an extra $200 premium on it.

It's Amazon not Ncix :haha:
Although they may charge a restocking fee if they know the OP used the card the way he did before returning it. In fact, he Should be charged for it. Imagine someone that gets this card afterwards... I'd hate it if my brand-new card had already been hammered for hours before I received it. Not cool.
You get the wrong item, you pack it back up and return it.

JD

Staff member
It's Amazon not Ncix :haha:
Although they may charge a restocking fee if they know the OP used the card the way he did before returning it. In fact, he Should be charged for it. Imagine someone that gets this card afterwards... I'd hate it if my brand-new card had already been hammered for hours before I received it. Not cool.
You get the wrong item, you pack it back up and return it.
Or maybe somebody bought a 1070 Ti and a 1080 Ti, then boxed up the 1070 Ti into the 1080 Ti box and returned it to Amazon? :blarg:

AkG

Or maybe somebody bought a 1070 Ti and a 1080 Ti, then boxed up the 1070 Ti into the 1080 Ti box and returned it to Amazon? :blarg:

Dont give muppets more ideas. In the us its to the point you cant order expensive items that are easily cloned as that is what they are doing... well worse. they purchase the clone off fleabay and then the real off amazon and switch the two. :(

Do a search on ebay for trijicon scopes 'new but no box' to see what happens then :/