What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Ordered a 1080 Ti from Amazon, But I got a 1070 Ti

Gman109

I have 4 gaming PCs in my homes, 2 with 1080ti SLI, 1 with a Titan XP SLI and 1 with a single Titan XP. I bought the Titan XP single right when the whole miner/price hike's were starting direct from nVidia when they still had them in stock, about $1550 CDN landed at my door. I sold the 1080 SLI in that 8700k system last week, and made $300 on top of the 1550 the XP Titan cost me. I had just a 1080 on the forum here in the late fall for $475 shipped. Amazing how much the miners have increased the cost.

That said, if they can sort out the memory supply shortage, it's an opportunity for nVidia and AMD to ramp up production especially on upcoming GPUs, and that will hopefully help out the supply/demand cost issues in the future late this year.

Power supplies are a real PITA to find right now, I have 2 eVGA 1300s nib I was going to sell, no way now, I'll keep them for my Volta builds once those cards come out.

sherwind2010

I have 4 gaming PCs in my homes, 2 with 1080ti SLI, 1 with a Titan XP SLI and 1 with a single Titan XP. I bought the Titan XP single right when the whole miner/price hike's were starting direct from nVidia when they still had them in stock, about $1550 CDN landed at my door. I sold the 1080 SLI in that 8700k system last week, and made $300 on top of the 1550 the XP Titan cost me. I had just a 1080 on the forum here in the late fall for $475 shipped. Amazing how much the miners have increased the cost.

That said, if they can sort out the memory supply shortage, it's an opportunity for nVidia and AMD to ramp up production especially on upcoming GPUs, and that will hopefully help out the supply/demand cost issues in the future late this year.

Power supplies are a real PITA to find right now, I have 2 eVGA 1300s nib I was going to sell, no way now, I'll keep them for my Volta builds once those cards come out.

It should die down soon, like in a few months.

sherwind2010

thosXvv.jpg

H4gBfUC.png

Price is a little high, I'll skip this one.

sherwind2010

Hey guys, the price is more reasonable at Amazon Canada for a EVGA 1080 Ti!

1 per customer CDN$ 1,078.19 EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11G-P4-6696-KR They keep changing the price, it could go back to 1,350 again or it could go lower maybe back to 959

PS: price changed back to $1,368 it could change back to a lower price in the future.

Last edited:

AkG

Be ultra careful ordering from Amazon. If its 3rd party and the price is too good to be true its a scam to screw amazon over. 'You' will just loose your money for about 3-4 weeks while they investigate and refund. IMHO amazon's marketplace is worse than fleabay. Only thing I would order from Amazon is if its fullfilled and shipped from Amazon. Everything else is a crap shoot.

sswilson

Staff member
Be ultra careful ordering from Amazon. If its 3rd party and the price is too good to be true its a scam to screw amazon over. 'You' will just loose your money for about 3-4 weeks while they investigate and refund. IMHO amazon's marketplace is worse than fleabay. Only thing I would order from Amazon is if its fullfilled and shipped from Amazon. Everything else is a crap shoot.

If recent photography stories are to believed, even products listed as being sold by Amazon might be in the hands of shady third party dealers...

There's a story floating around where a photographer got a box of stones instead of his $1600 camera body... the replacement shipment ended up being a couple of bricks.... :)

Could very well be clickbait, but the latest piece I read claimed to quote Amazon directly which lends a bit more credibility to it.

edit: $6000 body, not $1600.

Last edited:

Latest posts