What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

os won't install

Zodgrod

Having major issues with this second system.

I have tried installing the following:

XP sp2 installed got all drivers working couldn't update to SP3.

Wiped it tried installing xpsp3 black edition gave me a blue screen.

Tried win7 RC and same thing gave me blue screen and a random reboot.

I have tried 3 different hard drives I have used memtest to test 2 of my 4GB of ram and they passed.

The only step I can think of to do next is to take out the 9950 and install everything with another AM2 processor. Then once I'm all set up flash the boards BIOS with the updated version then try it with the 9950.

I'm at a loss here.

enaberif

Wiped it tried installing xpsp3 black edition gave me a blue screen.

There is no BLACK edition.

It is a pirated version with a lot of other crap implemented and unfortunately because of this nobody is going to be able to help you.

Zodgrod

Ok but my official version of xp with sp2 slipstreamed I can ge that installed but sp3 won't install from either windows update or the downloaded file. Neither will windows 7.

I just tried the pirated windows as a way to rule out the issue with SP3.

dadzilla

I'm certainly not an expert, but a bios flash recently fixed a big problem for me. Wait until the experts chime in, but it seems like a bios issue.

Zodgrod

BIOS flash is my next step, Thursday night after work the wife and Kid are out of town so I will get some energy drinks and stay up late, I am sure I have an old AM2 sempron from my moms computer around here. I am going to pop that in and see how it work out for installing the OS then to flash the BIOS.

KeepSix

That mobo has 5 SATA ports. Have you tried switching it around? Might have a bad one or two. I'm leaning towards the "BIOS flash" myself, but it's worth a try. Also, since you have time to kill until Thursday, you could try installing a different OS to test your platform (ie:Ubuntu).

Zodgrod

Indeed it has 5 I will switch the HDD to a different port. If thats all it is i'm laughing.
The 2 BIOS updates listed are not for my issue however you never know.

Jackquelegs

At what point did it bluescreen? Did it BSOD at the start, or did it BSOD when it's trying to search for HDDs?