What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

OT: RFD'er selling 2x8800gt dual-slot on forums $120 GTA

0o0

Banned
[FS] 2 x 8800 gt 512MB EVGA - RedFlagDeals.com Forums
Newegg link
damn in times of need this may fit a darn good deal... very tempting, but I must resist it. I'm already broke into debt of my parents lol, they're already pissed off at me for planning to keep my rig on 24/7 this month:haha:
FYI 8800gt consumes about 110watts, 10amps and produces about 4-5k ppd depending on clocks (some have OC'ed to 5.6k ppd), which is quite efficient.

be careful though, he doesn't have much feedback:ph34r:

0o0

Banned
The price difference between a used 8800GT and GTS250 isn't huge...

@OP. I saw that too. Nice deal, though nothing too crazy to get over about. I saw a really nice deal last night for a AMD Phenom II system.
this is 120 for two of them, I'm guessing a 250 would be around 80 bucks? I don't see any 250's for sale though =\

what was the phenom? not that I would want any rig with another amd chipset in it, just curious:whistle:

0o0

Banned
I'd say it's worth about his asking price at most, nothing special...

I'm really debating whether I should get these 8800's, I've got a ex58-extreme and tx750 that would fit the bill perfectly beside my gtx260. It'd look pretty cramped. Or beastly and sexy. Depends on how you look at it. My mom would look at it and scream for the life of her hydro bill, which is why I can't get it :( wish we lived in a condo. no grass to mow, no snow to plow... unlimited electricity and water (I think?)

_dangtx_

Banned
akimbo coolers? loud as fudge but decent coolers. yank shroud and stock fan out, of course and zip tie the ole 120mm

Soultribunal

Staff member
And twice the price.
Not really. I've seen many deals with GTS250's from XFX, EVGA for bout 70-80. I'd rather pay that for a card that can put out almost 2K more PPD, same power consumption and good Thermal profile.

Just my thoughts. The 8800GT was good, but when I folded with mine, it was 10-12 degrees hotter than my GTS and 9800GT. THe 8800GT dual slot uses just an ALuminum Contact surface on everything (at least the one I had did) and my 9800GT has a Copper contact point. It makes a difference for sure.

ST

Latest posts

Twitter