What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

other method to access into uefi?

CTA

my computer is too fast (or maybe my keyboard is disabled during the boot) so i cant press del to enter the setup...

i also tried to use recovery > advance startup > troubleshoot > advance option

i dont see uefi firmware like this

i see there is an extra option as safemode... wtf...

is there another method to enter uefi?

ZZLEE

What We dealing with secs please.

Hit Delete and F2 on start up keep them pressed.

If you get in set to slow start up in Bios.

CTA

i tried to spam esc, del, f8, and enter keys...

i also tried slow start up... 800 mhz mode... it didnt work... i think g15 keyboard is disabled during the booting...

ZZLEE

PS2 Port on MB ??

Hit up thrift shops fore a PS2 Keyboard\mouse if you have a port.

CTA

i dont have ps/2 keyboard anymore... (i do have 25+ years old nec mouse ;p)

interesting but i dont want to install that app... is there another way to do that? advance command? if there is really NO choice then i guess i have no choice to install that app... ;\

SugarJ

Staff member
Once fast boot is set on that board, you HAVE to use the app in order to get back into the BIOS. A small price to pay for the much-shortened boot time. Your other option would be the clear CMOS button, that should reset it to default settings so you can get in.

sswilson

Staff member
Once fast boot is set on that board, you HAVE to use the app in order to get back into the BIOS. A small price to pay for the much-shortened boot time. Your other option would be the clear CMOS button, that should reset it to default settings so you can get in.
So are you saying that somebody who's HDD/SSD crashes would have no option other than cmos reset if they wished to get into bios prior to re-installing an OS?

I leave my PC on 24/7 so I don't bother with any of these fast boot thingies....

SugarJ

Staff member
I don't remember how it comes up if you don't have a boot device. It might give you an option to go to BIOS, but I'm not sure. What's the big issue with clearing CMOS? Once you have a stable overclock, you should back it up to one of the save spots in the BIOS practically every overclocking/gaming motherboard has now. Then it's easy to reload.

Twitter