What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Outlook express

Patriote

Hey Guys,

First...Not sure if it's the right place to post this... if not im sure Barb will move it :bleh:

I hope someone will be able to help me with this as i never used\understaood it...i know i know :ph34r:

So, i always used Free e-mails account such as hotmail.com from Msn Messenger since im into computer...(Um... maybe like since 4 years ? maybe 5...) and now i really want to get something else than that free e-mail account cuzz sometimes when i want to register on a forum or simply send a e-mail to a company regarding one of my order... they don't reply back because there filter filtered my e-mail address because it's an hotmail.com...

So, iw as wondering where to start with Outlook express ? First is that a good thing ? lol i really don't know anything about e-mails accounts. I have no clue how it work, who provide the service or how to set-up one.

Any help is appreciated!

b1lk1

Free email services don't work with Outlook, you may be able to get then to work with Thunderbird (Mozilla's Outlook) with the right plug ins, but no desktop email programs will work with free email clients 100%.

And now that I just reread your question and realized I didn't answer you properly, what ISP do you have? You should be able to get an email address through them that is not a ***@hotmail.com account.

enaberif

just go through your ISP as you usually get 1 free email address through them.

If telus its ***x@telus.com if shaw its ***x@shaw.ca

Forge

Once you get your email address from your ISP then you will also have the information needed to make a free service like gmail check your ISP email.

Your ISP email address will automatically be checked when you go to gmail. For example I am with Cogeco for internet and have an email with them that I use gmail only to check that email address.

Patriote

Thanks Guys!

So, yeah my ISP is Videotron. I guess ill have to call them to know what is the e-mail they gave me.

So, you guys say that when ill have that e-mail address ill be able to use for example Msn Messenger to see my e-mails ? That would be kinda cool.

Thanks for the replys! Ill call them tomorrow as now im kinda tired. Been up for about 24h and don't feel like waiting half an hour on the phone. Ill definitely end up sleeping on it. lol

Patriote

Awesome! Thanks a lot K1LLER_INSTINCT!

I got it to work. called Videotron for username, pass and e-mail adress, used the easy guide you linked above and got it to work!

I know it may sound dumb but i never knew i could do that with Videotron! I have been with them for a while now and i never used Outlook Express! Always had that full of sh:censored:t hotmail.com free stuff! ...

Thanks again K1LLER_INSTINCT! :thumb: