What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Outlook express

sswilson

Staff member
Do they offer more than one e-mail addy?

Eastlink Cable here in NS offers up to 5 family e-mail accounts with a basic hookup.

Comes in handy to have one account just for sign-ups so that you can easily dump it if one of the sign-ups starts spamming you.

Patriote

Um with Videotron i think you have only one. But i guess i could ask for some more e-mails if i'd want. And i suppose it would cost me a little extra...:dots:

BALISTX

You should be able to have additional accounts. I know with my Rogers I can have up to 5 accounts in total. Most ISP's will give your 5 accounts. I use my Gmail as my main account and use my Roger's for signing up for stuff.

Now with Gmail you don't need to be invited you can sign up for it.

Patriote

Quick question...

I just formated my comp.. so now my account in outlook isn't there anymore. How do i retrieve it ?

Also, are the e-mails in my "inbox" saved on an external server ? or are they stored on my comp ?

Thanks!

G

You'll have to setup Outlook again if you formatted.

If you elected to save your emails on the server then they should still be there, but if you DLed them to Outlook chances are that they were wiped as this is usually the default on most e-mail Acts.

lcdguy

Folding Team
as supergrover said. they will only be recoverable if you set your email client to leave a copy on the server or use imap. Otherwise they have gone to the big recylce bin in the sky.

Patriote

Yeah i spoke with a friend that told me they were lost... but he didn't knew there was a way to save a copy on a server ? thats possible ? How ?

Latest posts