What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Over tightened motherboard screws?

Rumils

Yes check its voltage output. I would not be surprised if its out of spec. Sadly you wont see ripple without an O-scope. I would be shocked if its ripple was IN spec. Sirtec psu's dont have a sterling reputation for QA and longevity. They are either very good or garbage.

I honestly like OCZ SSDs. BUT I would not trust a OCZ branded PSU.

In either case sorry to hear about your prob...but I doubt if overtightened screws are going to cause any probs - its your PSU's ripple killing the parts.
I am away from the computer for the next week but I'll check it when I get back. I think I did check when my old motherboard failed and I believe it did check out. I can't seem to find the voltages I noted though. If I am in acceptable ranges with the voltages should I still be considering shelling out for a new PSU? It does seem very fishy to have some many hardware failures in such a short period of time... On a different note what are consider "premium" PSU's these days? I would assume CORSAIR and EVGA would be safe bets right?

Latest posts

Twitter