What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Overclock + Voltages

M

member 3099

Can you guys tell me if my settings look right?

Parts are as per signature... I'm at 3.8GHz and seems to be fully stable to me ( I have load tested for an hour) and play games and everything no problem so it seems good to me. My temps also don't read past low to mid 50's in coretemp or realtemp.. And look at my BIOS temps... wtf?

However, my voltages are wacked in the BIOS, I don't believe them at ALL. They're so messed up that my PC shouldn't be running if they were actually what this says it is, so I have been ignoring it. I read about a P6T deluxe user who also had wacked voltages, and he swapped his PSU and it changed nothing, so I'm going to ignore it. PCP&C Silencer 750w and my voltages in my last mobo (2 weeks ago) were solid perfect.

Here the voltages are: (Sorry i missed the pic, wasn't thinking but they are as follows)
CPU Voltage
3.3V
5V
12v

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

As you can see, they're messed up, and those 2 pics were taken right after each other (notice the 12v significantly changes)
I'm not going to RMA it just for this... it works FINE, but anyone else have this prob?

And finally, here are my OC settings, How are they? Anything I should change? Thanks.

IMG_1021.jpg

IMG_1017.jpg

IMG_1018.jpg

Jonwall

Could be a dirty power source, maybe not the psu itself but the actual power in your house. A UPS may solve it but it could just be a bad board.

Squeetard

"Quote This..."
Have you flashed the bios? Or measured the volts on the board with a multimiter? Looks like the sensors are just reading wrong.

M

member 3099

Have you flashed the bios? Or measured the volts on the board with a multimiter? Looks like the sensors are just reading wrong.
I have flashed to the newest BIOS yes, no dice. I haven't checked with a multimeter no. I do have a multimeter kicking around here somewhere...

EDIT:

Okay, I tested it with multimeter on one of the MOLEX connectors.. I got 5.00v on the 5v and 11.99v and 12.00v on the 12v.. Seems okay so far :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

sswilson

Staff member
i would rma the board if the sensors are bad, you'll likely want accurate sensors for overclocking lol

If it's only the PSU V sensors it's not all that big of a deal... there aren't any software packages that read them properly anywise. :)

How do your component voltage readings (in bios) compare to what you've got set?

edit:

As far as your temps go.... what are your idle/load core temps? Every bios I've ever played with reported "CPU" temp vice "Core" temp which I've never had a good explaination of what it actually is. AFAIK, when reading bios you're also not seeing an Idle temp.... there is a load of some form.

M

member 3099

Idles (right now)

34 29 31 31

Load (20 mins 2 instances of ORTHOS with affinities set)

54 51 52 52

Using Realtemp

Coretemp is about 2 deg higher.

"How do your component voltage readings (in bios) compare to what you've got set?"
The only one I read is CPU voltage from CPU-Z and it matches the BIOS reading of .512v or whatever it says. (Obviously wrong I shoudln't be able to turn on my PC with .5v in the CPU lol)
What should I use to check other voltages?

Just checked the multimeter again with 5v and 12v, getting solid reading for each. I don't know how I'd test the 24 pin one :blarg:

Also tested on 4 pin motherboard connector that I'm not using (I use 8pin) and it's getting 11.99v also..

IMG_1026.jpg

IMG_1023.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts