What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Overclocking problems...

NexRedshirt

Hey guys,

I recently finished my build and have moved onto trying to overclock.
I have read alot on overclocking but the settings i change never seem to do what i want.

I have an evga x58 3x sli motherboard, Intel core i7 920 cpu, and ocz gold 6gb ddr 3 ram.

I would like to get it to 3.5-4ghz but have no clue how to start. I also need help with how to change my ram timings. THey are rated at 8-8-8-24 and 1600mhz but they are running much lower.
I would also like to overclock my graphics card as well.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. But if someone could give me exact settings to change that would be awesome!

Thank you.:thumb:

Babrbarossa

What are you cooling with? HAve you googled overclocking guides there are enough around if you google- the evga forums has plenty of discussion on your motherboard. Perhaps read a couple and then come back with more specific questions.

I'm not sure what you mean by the settings not cahnging anything- have you changed your BCLK?

try about 180 for starters- then work up to 200.

set you CPU volts at about 1.3 to 1.35

DRam voltage should be set to that speced by your memory
Your QPI/DRAM needs to be within .05V of your CPU V

try this thread
Core i7 4Ghz Club & Overclocking Guide - PureOverclock Forums

Last edited:

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
While I agree with Barb, one thing to note is that the CPU volts He listed are primarily for a 4ghz clock on a D0. If you have a C0/C1 chip, you may need more to hit 4ghz.

Last edited:

Latest posts