What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Overclocking Troubles

MBeau

Hi,

I have an ASUS B250-F Strix MOBO paired with an i5 7600k. Now I got this MOBO because it was fairly cheap compared to some Z270 alternatives. I was worried that it wasn't capable to have the CPU overclocked, but ASUS assured me that the MOBO is able to overclock. Bottom line is I can not for the life of me figure out where/how to do it. I've watched plenty of tutorials and I'm pretty savvy when it comes to tech, but it just seems like I don't have the same overclocking options in the bios as others do. Did I buy the wrong board, or is there a way I can put my 7600k to work and overclock it? Please help!

Last edited:

Coach

B350... that is an AMD board right? i5 7600k, that is an intel CPU so ya. YOu have more than overclocking problems

JD

Staff member
I suspect you meant B250? As far as I know, overclocking is only supported on the Z270 chipset.

Latest posts