What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Overheating???

Scripter

Ever since I got my Antec 300 I've been obsessed with temperatures. This morning temperatures peaked quite high when I was looking at it. I have the original fan on two, two fans in front and one fan in back. I then have the CPU fan and the PSU fan of course. My Graphics Card went up to 75 degrees Celsius and my 4 cores were up to 55 degrees Celsius. I have nothing overclocked (yet). These temperatures must not be normal are they?

At the moment my 4 cores are down to 29-32 and GPU 45 while my Temp 1 to 3 vary from 26 to 41. Is there a way I can fix these temp spikes that happen for no reason? I increased the speed of the back fan to low from high. Also I've been using SpeedFan. Could the wires heat up the the computer up just by being all over the place and messy?

KaptCrunch

if wires blocking good air flow, also your ambiant temp is more for summer is here.

other is heatsinks are dirty/clogged, spring cleaning with canned air to blast out dust (note can up-right if upside down the fluid will spray causing problems)

or some app that is taxing the cpu......check for spyware

Scripter

if wires blocking good air flow, also your ambiant temp is more for summer is here.

other is heatsinks are dirty/clogged, spring cleaning with canned air to blast out dust (note can up-right if upside down the fluid will spray causing problems)

or some app that is taxing the cpu......check for spyware
Alright thanks for the advice. I noticed my two 6 pins are in the way of top front fan so I'm going to try and fix that up. I also noticed on SpeedFan that Fan 1: 1551 RPM, Fan 2: 854 RPM and Fan 3: 0 RPM.

Arinoth

Staff member
Do you have air conditioning? If you do not and the summer is coming well you're going to see higher idle temperatures as the ambient temperature of your room directly effects the temperatures inside of your computer and the components.

LaughingCrow

You don't mention your OS. If you have Win 7, run Resource Monitor (Start -> type in Resource Monitor). Switch between the CPU, Momory and Disk tabs to see what is actually running in the background. Win 7 normally has a lot of processes running, in addition to your programs . Win 7 is designed to use multi-core and multi-threaded CPUs, and will move processes and programs from core to core, which might explain some of the spikes.

Scripter

Do you have air conditioning? If you do not and the summer is coming well you're going to see higher idle temperatures as the ambient temperature of your room directly effects the temperatures inside of your computer and the components.
No I don't have air conditioning but this shouldn't affect my room since I'm in the basement and my basement is always always cool. Plus, today is a pretty chilly day where we are. Looking like rain. Again, my temps were up to 58 degrees Celsius on my cores. I put my top fan to the max and it seems like everything is going down but very very slowly.

Rison

Administrator
Folding Team
what's your graphics card? any modifications? we're you playing a game?.. not much info.

Delavan

Look at the CFM of all fans, to make sure your getting more air out than in...so a NEGATIVE pressure.

The Antec 300 is a great budget case, no woes... give us more info...on the CPU fan type (might be seated wrong, might need better thermal compound or aftermarket cooler!!!) and GFX card model...

Scripter

Okay, so for information....

1. I was not playing any games.
2. I was running Windows 7 at the time (I do run Ubuntu 10.04 at times)
3. I have a XFX GeForce 260 XXX Edition
4. Asus stock fan, only info that I have for the fan.
5. CFM??? I'm a nooby here how do I check the CFM?

Latest posts