What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Overstuffed Ncase 2.0

FreeKnight

Harvesting my Ncase for the next build, still overstuffed, but with newer hardware. Despite not changing too much, I thought I'd take some photos anyway.

Waiting until tonight at the GF wants to see how to build a PC, but I've got the parts out on the table. Almost tempted to use the NR200 so I can put the stock 2080Ti cooler back on, but I'll stick with the Ncase for now I think.20210106_071359.jpg
Complete Parts list;
Ryzen 9 5900x
Asus X570-I Strix
Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4 3600
Zotac AMP! RTX 2080 Ti
Morpheus II GPU cooler
Corsair SF600 PSU
Corsair Premium sleeved cable kit
Noctua NH-C14S CPU Cooler
XPG Gamix S50 NVME PCIE4 2 TB M2 Drive
XPG SX8200 NVME PCIE3 2 TB M2 Drive
Micron MX500 2TB Sata SSD
Firecuda 2TB SSHD
Ncase M1 V5 Case
Kinesis Freestyle MX Brown Keyboard
Steelseries Rival 600 mouse

That's right, there's 6TB of SSD in this thing :cool:

Last edited:

Lysrin

There should always be pictures! :)

This line is confusing me (bold me): "Almost tempted to use the Ncase so I can put the stock 2080Ti cooler back on, but I'll stick with the Ncase for now I think."

Am I missing something there?

FreeKnight

There should always be pictures! :)

This line is confusing me (bold me): "Almost tempted to use the Ncase so I can put the stock 2080Ti cooler back on, but I'll stick with the Ncase for now I think."

Am I missing something there?
The only thing missing is my better judgement and realizing I shouldn't try to sneak in a HWC post while I'm reviewing regulatory records ;)

Corrected. I was considering an NR200, but will stick with the NCase and return the NR200 most likely

FreeKnight

what are you using to cool the memory / VRM on the GPU?
There's little single cooler finss that come with the GPU cooler that you stick on. The GPU sits directly above 2x120mm noctua fans on the Morpheus (it's really tight in the Ncase) so they should be cooled about as well as the factory cooler. Maybe better, it's hard to say for sure. I'll take some pics when I've got it out of the system.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
There's little single cooler finss that come with the GPU cooler that you stick on. The GPU sits directly above 2x120mm noctua fans on the Morpheus (it's really tight in the Ncase) so they should be cooled about as well as the factory cooler. Maybe better, it's hard to say for sure. I'll take some pics when I've got it out of the system.
very cool. is the MII cooler going to be better than the stock?

Lysrin

One of the things I do love about SFF is pictures like that.. You are going to pull ALL of that in there? Yes.. Yes I am..
I look forward to watching these builds for that reason too. I had trouble getting everything in my Meshify so this amazes me!

Latest posts