What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Overstuffed Ncase 2.0

Vittra

There's little single cooler finss that come with the GPU cooler that you stick on. The GPU sits directly above 2x120mm noctua fans on the Morpheus (it's really tight in the Ncase) so they should be cooled about as well as the factory cooler. Maybe better, it's hard to say for sure. I'll take some pics when I've got it out of the system.

Should be better in exhaust config if you are currently doing intake - just be mindful of clearance. Feet went from 10mm --> 15mm from V5 to V6, but realistically around 25mm (1 inch) is when you can be sure the fans have sufficient breathing room. Of course raising the M1 defeats the purpose of the size of the M1 (imo), so there's THAT. banana

FreeKnight

I've been looking for replacement feet for a while, but the MNPC tech ones are too overpriced. I should just see if I can find some speaker feet or make a couple out of wood or metal.

For once, there wasn't a single problem gettting it up and running (other than the tight quarters). Booted on first try, settings for DOCP or whatever the AMD version of XMP is called worked on a few mouse clicks and it looks like it's running smoothly. I'll post some pics tomorrow, but have a date so... you know.... priorities :LOL:

FreeKnight

20210106_155916.jpg
Ryzen 5900x seated with no concerns. It's a little surprising how simple the latch and mount is, I've been used to the intel metal plate style for some time.

20210106_155940.jpg
Ryzen chip in place and looking good.
20210106_164926.jpg
Mr friendly asked about how the VRM is cooled. You can see the little fin assemblies that come with the morpheus II that you put on the VRM.
20210107_153954.jpg

One annoyance with this board is that the HD audio connector sits under a steel plate in the corner of the board. You have to unscrew the plate, and use an included mini-audio to audio connector.
20210106_174351.jpg
Got a 1x2 adapter for the fans to plug directly into the GPU so they're now controlled by the GPU instead of functioning like case fans. You can see the white connector in the center of the pic.
20210107_160453.jpg
Flipped the PSU to face in. Should give it a bit more airflow than the small gap between the PSU and the front plate as I had it in the original version. You can see a little bit of the thermal grizzly past on the CPU from the test fitting. Did as much cable management as I can without cutting new cables in such a tiny case.
20210107_161105.jpg
C14S put in place. I've put a BST ad up hoping I can find someone has an unwanted 140mm slim fan. I'd like to see if there's a way to mount one to the top of the C14S. 25mm thick fans won't fit.
20210107_161139.jpg
View from the top. DDR4 just barely fits.
20210107_161846.jpg
Got it closed up with a slim 120mm fan mounted on the bars inside the case.
20210107_161854.jpg
All said I still really do like the Ncase. I still think I'll try and build something similar-ish in the near future.

lanken123

Where did you buy the Morpheus 2?! I've been looking everywhere for it but cannot find a seller in canada.

Cannon Fodder

One of the things I do love about SFF is pictures like that.. You are going to pull ALL of that in there? Yes.. Yes I am..

I know what you mean, ESPECIALLY when you look at the pic with everything still in the respective boxes, which makes it look EVEN MORE impossible! :D

FreeKnight

Where did you buy the Morpheus 2?! I've been looking everywhere for it but cannot find a seller in canada.
Got it from Newegg.com, had to have a relative in the US buy it and ship it to me as I couldn't find a Canadian source either.

If you need one I'd look into a parcel forwarding service as an option. I doubt Canadian availability has gotten any better with the pandemic.

Vittra

Prolimatech 140mm with 120mm mount holes is inferior to the A12x15. I used the Prolimatech years ago in the NCASE1 to sit over a NH-D9L, well before the A12x15 came out. I wouldn't bother now.

If you're adamant I can send it to you - just know that you will regret this. :ROFLMAO:

FreeKnight

Prolimatech 140mm with 120mm mount holes is inferior to the A12x15. I used the Prolimatech years ago in the NCASE1 to sit over a NH-D9L, well before the A12x15 came out. I wouldn't bother now.

If you're adamant I can send it to you - just know that you will regret this. :ROFLMAO:
Noisy, or just garbage airflow?

Vittra

Noisier with comparable performance at a given speed.

A12x15 can be run at higher rpm if you do need more static pressure/airflow as well, and you're going to want to tweak and potentially match the RPM to your bottom mounted C14S fan anyway.

Latest posts