What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Overwatch

Skyllz

Bought it.
Played it
Enjoying it.

Much less morons than the open Beta. Lot harder given the people who are playing actually paid for it I guess. That's good.

Lysrin

Haven't bought yet, still toying with the idea. Still like it. Seems like the launch went pretty well. Harder is not necessarily good for me! lol

Inik

Folding Team
I'm also still on the fence to buy it...not a lot of friends who are still actively playing games :(

Vittra

Haven't commented since I made the original post. I skipped all the beta stuff. Started playing last night with some friends. Enjoying it.

clshades

I enjoyed it.. but am I alone in feeling like the price tag does not justify the game?

When other Fps games are 80-120 dollars I'd say this is a bargain. Consider the fact that blizzard doesn't abandon it's games and constantly works to improve flaws and bugs I'd say this is an incredible price.

limitedaccess

Some people might not be aware that there is a $40 USD (~$52 CAD or so depending on current exchange) "base" version which is the full game sans 5 exclusive skins and some bonuses for other Blizzard games (which you can upgrade to later if you enjoy it that much).

Otherwise I think content matches up favorably versus other traditional $60 titles. For instance I don't see why people would feel something like Battlefield is more of a "full game" versus this.

Lysrin

Some people might not be aware that there is a $40 USD (~$52 CAD or so depending on current exchange) "base" version which is the full game sans 5 exclusive skins and some bonuses for other Blizzard games (which you can upgrade to later if you enjoy it that much).

Otherwise I think content matches up favorably versus other traditional $60 titles. For instance I don't see why people would feel something like Battlefield is more of a "full game" versus this.
That's a good point to point out. The base option isn't obvious when you go to their site, particularly if you are checking via mobile.

I think the price is fine. I would love to have a story driven campaign (did I mention that already? :whistle:) but I think we are just spoiled by Steam type services and especially Steam sales. I can remember in the "ol'days" when every PC game was in a hard copy box and cost $80! Actually I don't know how I sustained this hobby back then when I had less money... I guess I played a lot fewer games but I likely actually finished more games back then!

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
Picked up the base version last night, no need to spend $20 US for more skins and crap in my books.

Lysrin

Picked up the base version last night, no need to spend $20 US for more skins and crap in my books.
I agree. I should have gone with that G2A deal that was up for pre-order. Kind of kicking myself now. Oh well. I'll be going base if I buy.

Latest posts